Airbrush Color Mauve 4.5

Decorating By brian1974 Updated 24 Sep 2010 , 7:39pm by KHalstead

brian1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brian1974 Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 6

So I have ordered this twice now and even though it is sealed and labelled mauve, What is inside is what i think is Maroon.
Luckily I always spray a board first with a color before i spray the cake.

I would suggest Global checks its supply, you can kind of tell the problem without even opening the bottle, If you tip the bottle up and look at the neck of the bottle ppink colors are reddish inside, maroon is brown.

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 6

mauve is kind of a brown color though

what sort of color were you looking for? More pink? I've mixed airbrush colors quite successively, maybe you could mix something to tone it to where you'd like the color?

TrixieTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrixieTreats Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 6

Americolor's regular gel color Mauve is also brown-ish with a pink undertone, but is not pink. You can get a "mauve" pink color by using the slightest amount. I had an issue with this as well. I was looking for an antique pink color and got a warm brown from the bottle. Not sure if there is anything to be done though with airbrush color....

KHalstead Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 6

I've mixed the rose pink into the mauve and got the color I usually attribute to mauve, sort of a dusty pink, purple, tannish color

brian1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brian1974 Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauve

mauve should be a pale pinkish violet - what comes out of this bottle is definatly not a pale pinkish violet

there are 5 ranges of mauve, the color on the bottle top and on the website is a Mallow mauve, what comes out is more a taupe mauve....

KHalstead Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 7:39pm
post #6 of 6

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TQAOUIji09M/TGwpwpFEcwI/AAAAAAAAAhI/w207dOS3aXo/s1600/Mauve.jpg

see, I usually think of THIS color when I think of mauve not a lilac color

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%