Lemon Cake Recipe

Baking By Yane Updated 24 Sep 2010 , 3:44pm by Yane

Yane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yane Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 12:49am
post #1 of 6

Hi, does anyone has a good Lemon cake recipe? I need to make a cake and this will be my first time making Lemon flavored cake so I need help!

Thanks a lot!
Yane

5 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 1:02am
post #2 of 6

I love the lemonliscious cake in the recipe section but it's a doctored box mix. Really yummyicon_smile.gif

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 1:07am
post #3 of 6

Martha Stewart has a good Lemon and Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe on her website. (Meyer Lemon and Cream Cheese Pound) Cake

theonlynameleft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theonlynameleft Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 1:09am
post #4 of 6

This recipe is lovely and moist - you might need to do some conversions though sorry! thumbs_up.gif

LEMON YOGHURT CAKE

INGREDIENTS
2 cups sugar
Grated rind and juice 2 lemons
Pinch salt
1 cup oil
1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
2 whole eggs
2½ cups self-raising flour

In a food processor process the sugar, lemon rind and salt for 1 minute.
Add the oil, yoghurt, eggs and lemon juice. Process a further minute.

Sift the flour and spoon evenly around the food processor blade on top of the creamed mixture. Pulse to combine. Do not over-blend as your cake will be tough.

Transfer to a well-greased and lined 22-23cm round cake tin.

Bake at 180°C for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and stand 10 minutes before turning out onto a cake rack.

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 1:16am
post #5 of 6

Cake
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
Frosting
1/2 pound unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg yolk (optional)
1 pound confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions
1.Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter two 9-by-2-inch round cake pans and line with parchment paper; butter and dust with flour. In a bowl, mix the 3 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. In a cup, mix the milk with the vanilla.
2.In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter at medium speed until light and creamy. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy, 4 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl. Beat in the dry ingredients in 3 batches, alternating with the milk mixture and scraping down the bowl. Beat in the grated lemon zest.
3.Scrape the batter into the pans. Bake in the lower third of the oven for about 35 minutes, until springy. Let cool for 15 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and invert onto a rack. Peel off the paper, turn the cakes upright and cool completely.
4.In a standing mixer fitted with the whisk, beat the butter and egg yolk at medium-high speed until creamy. Beat in the sugar at low speed. Beat in the cream, vanilla and salt, then beat at medium-high speed until fluffy, 3 minutes longer. Beat in the lemon zest and juice.
5.Spread 1 cup of frosting over a cake layer and top with the second layer; frost the top and sides. Let stand 1 hour; serve

HTH & GL

Yane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yane Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 6

Oh.... thank you guys for your help I knew someone here will help me

Thanks again!

Yane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%