Airbrush Broken? Can You Help Me Please?

Decorating By JCE62108 Updated 23 Sep 2010 , 7:31pm by JCE62108

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 7

My husband dropped my airbrush several months ago and it hasnt worked properly since. It started sputtering, and sometimes the color couldnt come out. I just thought it was blocked, but after cleaning it soooo many times with airbrush cleaner, and rinsing it as well as I could, I just couldnt get it to spray nicely like it used to. When I went to use it last week, the trigger part was loose and just jiggled around. There was no tension, like it came apart, or came loose from something. Im scared to take this thing apart to see what's going on, because honestly this is my first airbrush and I dont know how its supposed to be put together.

Can someone tell me if this is something that can be easily fixed? Do I need to buy a new airbrush? Stupid thing was $40.00 and only had it about 6 months before something happened to it. Yay.

6 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCE62108

the trigger part was loose and just jiggled around. There was no tension, like it came apart, or came loose from something. Im scared to take this thing apart to see what's going on, because honestly this is my first airbrush and I dont know how its supposed to be put together.

You need to take it apart not only to fix the trigger tension, but sometimes to clean the needle off if you want it to spray correctly. It really is easy, just pay attention to how it comes apart so that you'll know how to reassemble. For the trigger button to work, it just needs to be tightened. Send me a PM if you need details to get it all put back together again!

2kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kiddos Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 7

When you take it apart, just lay the pieces out in order of which they came off.
After the 1st time, it's extremely easy to take them apart and put them back without hesitation.

MJoycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJoycake Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 7

You could also call the company and see if they have advice to give you. I'm sure they could talk you through taking it apart and putting it back together.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 7

The cleaning recommendations, parts list, and assembly instructions are included in your owner's manual too (if you can find it), but if you still need help--I'm a PM away!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 5:43pm
post #6 of 7

Take pictures while you take it apart. icon_smile.gif

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 7:31pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks guys! When I get through this order today Ill try to sit down and look at it a bit. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%