Bc Box Mix, Did They Change Something? Golden Vanilla...

Decorating By JCE62108 Updated 17 Oct 2010 , 12:31am by KayMc

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:22am
post #31 of 40

Rolling my eyes here--makes me wonder if anything will be done.

Do you doctor your mixes? I'd like to hear how the DH turns out. I changed from DH when they became too "mixy" for my liking...texture and taste.

I think my history goes... DH, BC, Pillsbury and back to BC. I wish they'd just leave them alone!!!

dahir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dahir Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:35am
post #32 of 40

Here's what I recieved
Dear Mrs. Dahir:

Thank you for contacting General Mills about the problem you had with Betty Crocker SuperMoist cake mix. As a responsible manufacturer, we strive to produce high quality products. We are sorry your experience did not meet the standards we expect from our products.

We have not made any changes in the formula or method of processing this product. Many factors, such as growing conditions of ingredients in various parts of the country, can affect the flavor of food products. Although we have no control over such factors, be assured that the information you have given us will be carefully reviewed.

We regret any inconvenience this has caused you and hope you will continue to enjoy our products.

No Nothing. No Help

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 4:06am
post #33 of 40

UUCCCKKKK!!!!! They didnt even admit to changing the recipe in your letter! At least they were honest with me! that is just weird. Own up to it, Betty Crocker company! Geez.

kansaslaura, yes i do. I use the wasc recipe. cake mix, 4 eggs, cup sugar, cup flour, cup water, cup sour cream,box pudding, 1/4 oil, if Im doing choc. I add cocoa, if Im doing any other flavor I will sometimes add a little vanilla or whatever extract comliments the flavor Im making. I never had to add much flavor in the past...maybe 1 or 2 teaspoons for two batches. Now I can add 4 or 5 tsp and not get a good flavor.

When i try it with the DH, Ill let yall know how it compares.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 7:04am
post #34 of 40

They sent me three coupons for free products. They didn't bother to send me an email.

kansaslaura Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 1:25pm
post #35 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettreat101

They sent me three coupons for free products. They didn't bother to send me an email.

Well. sweettreat got 3 coupons, I got 2, JCE got 0--anyone get 1?? If they can't be consistant with how they handle complaints, how the heck are they going to be consistant with how they produce their product???? icon_confused.gif

luntus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luntus Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:07pm
post #36 of 40

OMG I am glad I found this thread. I used some BC last week and I had to add more than usual flavoring. i thought it was just my taste buds. I will also send them an email. Lets see what they have to say this time.

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 6:02pm
post #37 of 40

Well, I got a reply back. Here's mine. They are certainly not consistent with the way they handle stuff. Truly weird! I work in customer service for a fundraising company and we are more consistent than this.

Dear Mrs. C:

Thank you for contacting General Mills about Betty Crocker SuperMoist golden vanilla cake mix. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us.

If there is anything else we can do concerning this matter, please let us know. I will forward your comments to the quality dept so they can look into this matter. I will be sending you an adjustment for your purchase. Please allow up to 14 business days to receive this.

Sincerely,
Bobbi Hart
Consumer Services

Betty Crocker really needs consistency! lol

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 10:53pm
post #38 of 40

I used the link provided and also sent a message. Now, is there a scratch WASC that tastes as good as the Betty Crocker mix tasted? I had so many compliments on that cake.....

kansaslaura Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 11:19pm
post #39 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMc

I used the link provided and also sent a message. Now, is there a scratch WASC that tastes as good as the Betty Crocker mix tasted? I had so many compliments on that cake.....

I don't use the WASC, but a different version of a doctored mix and people were raving!!!! I really don't want to start experimenting over again, would consider scratch again, but I get such better reactions to the doctored BC white... or at least I used to!! icon_mad.gif

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 12:31am
post #40 of 40

I don't want to change, either, as EVERYONE loves that WASC recipe I used. It's so annoying when this happens....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%