Professional Logos

Business By PinkChateau Updated 21 Sep 2010 , 8:23pm by mayo2222

PinkChateau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkChateau Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 3

If I wanted to offer professional/college football, basketball, etc. cakes/cookies with their team logos on them done in buttercream or royal icing would this be permitted?

2 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 3

Since the logos are copyrighted, if you were to make a cake for commercial sale featuring a logo in buttercream or royal icing, you would need to get permission from the team first.

One possible way around this would be to purchase a cake topper with the logo (which will be licensed if you buy it from a reputable retailer) and design the cake in the team's colors. I'm not sure if toppers are licensed for value-added resale though.

mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkraft

Since the logos are copyrighted, if you were to make a cake for commercial sale featuring a logo in buttercream or royal icing, you would need to get permission from the team first.

One possible way around this would be to purchase a cake topper with the logo (which will be licensed if you buy it from a reputable retailer) and design the cake in the team's colors. I'm not sure if toppers are licensed for value-added resale though.

You would need the customer to buy and place the topper on the cake themselves

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%