Help... My Creativity Is Being Severely Challenged!!

Decorating By BooperBaker78 Updated 7 Dec 2012 , 6:49pm by vtcake

BooperBaker78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BooperBaker78 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:25am
post #1 of 25

I have seen so many amazing ideas here on Cake Central... so decided to some to you guys for a little help. I have done some very RARE cakes in my day, but never as far fetched as this one! Customer wants monkeys and pequins on the same cake, somehow "working together?" Her son LOVES monkeys and penquins... and I am totally stumped! Any ideas? I thought of a 2 teired cake, top monkey/island theme, bottom penquin/ice? Or made monkeys come to visit the penquins at their igloo? I seriously don't know! I am open to any suggestion!! Cake is due Friday!!! AHHHH!!! icon_eek.gif

24 replies
jmr531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr531 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:51am
post #2 of 25

Does it have to be a cake? Maybe you can suggest cupcakes and have half decorated with monkeys and the other half decorated with penguins.

Jack031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jack031 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:14am
post #3 of 25

I would say try to make the monkeys and penguin meet you know? Like you said the two tier one being ice while the other one jungle with either one of them exploring to the either tier because they are curious. That might work right?

Kandykin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandykin Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:30am
post #4 of 25

I like your idea of one tier with monkeys and the other with penguins. When she said "working together"
I took it as aesthetically working together on the same cake. How about the bottom tier with baby blue skies and clouds with a few trees on the sides and 2D monkeys swinging from the trees and the blue theme can be continued on the top tier with a 3D igloo on top and 2D penguins sliding on ice burg(sp?) shapes on the side of the tier? Hope you can see the picture in my head icon_smile.gif

Good luck with the cake!

weezercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weezercakes Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:33am
post #5 of 25

I think it would be cute to have the monkeys in parkas and snow hats or something like that while visiting the other side of the world, it could be kind of funny and cute. You could also have the penguins fanning themselves with a palm leaf. icon_rolleyes.gif Very interesting cake idea.

kaseyrconnect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseyrconnect Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:36am
post #6 of 25

Monkeys and penguins, oh my! I like the ideas that you had and also the cupcake idea. The only thing I could come up with is a "zoo theme", but I don't have a clue as to how you would execute it. I've looked at your cakes and you are very talented so I am sure that whatever you decide to do, it will look great.

KakesbyKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakesbyKris Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:15am
post #7 of 25

What came to my mind was a sheet or square cake with an island on it with the monkeys on the beach looking out at the water where an iceberg with penguins on it waving back has "floated" to their part of the world.

There's also that cartoon Penguins of Madagascar or the Madagascar movie where the penguins and monkeys work together often. Perhaps you could do a scene from that.

Good Luck!

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 11:41am
post #8 of 25

the first thing that came to my mind was like a "meeting" of the penguin and monkeys-and with the meeting the penguins will be bringing a bucket of ice for the monkey's (maybe monkeys could have cute cups or something) That might be too cheesy LOL Little penguins with a bucket of ice and monkeys chilling out in the sun with cute cups hmmm hehe

Cargen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cargen Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:21pm
post #9 of 25

The first thing that came to my mind was Madagascar. I see the island with the monkeys standing on it and the big cruise ship sailing away with the penguins aboard.

lollyponpon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lollyponpon Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:25pm
post #10 of 25

I really like the idea that weezzercakes suggested, it sounds fantastic!! Cant wait to see what you end up making, i just browsed your gallery, you're super talented!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:46pm
post #11 of 25

Not all Penguins are in the cold and ice. We have a penguin exhibit at our zoo in Texas

http://www.caldwellzoo.org/habitats_african_fish_reptiles.htm

So I'd probably do just a beach scene myself with both the penguins and monkey's having fun.

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:32pm
post #12 of 25

Texas Sugar I was just about to post that! When we went to Hawaii one of the hotels is known for the penguins it has in their lobby pond. Some live strictly in warm climates so they can definately all be cavorting in the sun.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:47pm
post #13 of 25

I am thinking make an arctic style cake, make it look all cold and snowy, with igloos and penguins with visiting monkeys in parkas, and boots, maybe gloves on them.

edited to add.. well I guess I should have read the other suggestions first!! weezer..great minds think alike !! icon_lol.gif

BooperBaker78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BooperBaker78 Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 5:41am
post #14 of 25

I just wanted to give a big E-hug to all of you who made so many WONDERFUL suggestions for this cake! I loved all of the ideas, and incorporated many of those ideas into the final cake plan! It turned out perfect and the customer absolutely adored it! I have posted several pics so plaz take a look and let me know what you think! THANKS AGAIN!! icon_biggrin.gif

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 5:50am
post #15 of 25

That is a fabulously cute cake! I'll bet the customer was over the moon!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 5:51am
post #16 of 25

P. S. Forgot to say, WELCOME to Cake Central!!!

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 6:24am
post #17 of 25

I don't know my thoughts are kind of out threre, I'm special like that! icon_biggrin.gif

I was thinking of a big snow hill with the monkeys and penguins sledding down the hill and the monkeys on the penguins backs using the penguins like a sled. The penguins were enjoying themselves because of the extra weight making them zoom down the hill faster.

Like I said, I'm special like that! icon_lol.gif

*I posted this idea before I looked at your final photo.

ickworthpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ickworthpark Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 9:08pm
post #18 of 25

Where have all the photos gone?  I can no longer see posters photos - have they been moved?

Yum Yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yum Yums Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 9:25pm
post #19 of 25

I like the idea of the 2 tier cake with the 2 meeting up together.....and love the idea that tesso had.... some of the monnkeys who venture into the penguins habitat could be wearing hats, scarf and gloves and the penguins wearing shorts n sunglasses!

anyhoo good luck! : )

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 10:01pm
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickworthpark

Where have all the photos gone? I can no longer see posters photos - have they been moved?

Click on the poster's name to view their profile, then scroll down to the bottom of that page to view photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yum Yums 

I like the idea of the 2 tier cake with the 2 meeting up together.....and love the idea that tesso had.... some of the monnkeys who venture into the penguins habitat could be wearing hats, scarf and gloves and the penguins wearing shorts n sunglasses!

anyhoo good luck! : )

The thread is from 2010, so probably too late for luck. ;)

VKakes11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VKakes11 Posted 6 Dec 2012 , 2:05am
post #21 of 25

Do a zoo cake - you see both animals at the zoo :)

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 6 Dec 2012 , 2:58am
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KakesbyKris 

What came to my mind was a sheet or square cake with an island on it with the monkeys on the beach looking out at the water where an iceberg with penguins on it waving back has "floated" to their part of the world.

this

sistercarey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sistercarey Posted 6 Dec 2012 , 5:42am
post #23 of 25

make it look like there're playing together.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 6 Dec 2012 , 8:43pm
post #24 of 25

People, this thread is from 2010! Giving more ideas is a bit useless.

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 7 Dec 2012 , 6:49pm
post #25 of 25

Yes, it's from 2010. But no reason to chastise people. I for one like to see old posts come back to life with more creative ideas added.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%