Cheesecake Wedding Cake Help????

Decorating By vwolf Updated 21 Sep 2010 , 7:23pm by KoryAK

vwolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vwolf Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:13am
post #1 of 4

I have a bride interested in having only the top 6 inch tier done as a cheesecake. I have never done this and don't have alot of experience with cheesecake period. I was wondering if you just make the cheesecake and then frost it in buttercream to match the rest of the cake. Are their any issues with the cheesecake sweating and the icing coming off and how long can it sit out at the reception? I hope someone has some tips or tricks of the trade and can help me out. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!! icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

3 replies
Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:00am
post #2 of 4

I'm sure that someone who does these more frequently will chime in but I just did recently did one tier of a 4-tier cake in cheesecake. The bride wanted the cheesecake sandwiched top and bottom with a thin layer of red velvet cake, which I did with a little smear of bc between, then iced the entire cake in IMBC. I did let them know that it needed to be served within 3 hours of delivery time. I chill all of my cakes so no big deal. It was just fine, it was a 12" layer and the second to bottom tier. I just put supports in as usual and it was just fine.

You could put a thin layer of cake at the bottom of your cheesecake or not, I don't think it matters, it's yummy covered in bc.

vwolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vwolf Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:00am
post #3 of 4

Thanks Toptier for the info!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 4

Yep, same as Toptier. Just ice it up as usual!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%