Need Help With Tres Leches Cake

Decorating By dcarylmk Updated 22 Sep 2010 , 12:38am by dcarylmk

dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 10

I have a family that wants a 2 layer decorated tres leches cake. Is this possible? Has anyone else ever made this? Suggestions?

9 replies
dcarylmk Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 10

I have made a one layer tres leche - no problem. Just wondering about a 2 layer one. I hope I make sense! icon_redface.gif

laboti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laboti Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:40am
post #3 of 10

yes it is posoble i make them all the time, with dif fillings inside!! look for my pix on cc i have several!

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:37am
post #4 of 10

The blue tiered cake in my photos is all tres leches with a vanilla mousse filling. Some of the layers are white tres leches and some are chocolate. You need to start with a good recipe and I cut the milk amounts in half. Just enough to moisten the cake but not make it soggy. Can be a real pain in the back side but it can be done. I would charge extra due the the amount of ingredients it takes to make this cake. The recipe I use for the white cake takes five eggs for one batch of batter so you can use a lot of eggs when making this cake. The chocolate only takes three.

sweettreat101 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:45am
post #6 of 10

This cake was also a tres leches cake. The Cookie monster was chocolate and the cookie jar was white. http://allrecipes.com/Cook/Photo.aspx?photoID=462996 Hope this helps answer your questions.

dcarylmk Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:43pm
post #7 of 10

Wow! Thanks so much for responding! Just one more question - Do I soak the cakes first then put the second layer on or do I layer then soak? I really appreciate your help. I have made a one layer in the past with good results and the same person said please make extra moist and 2 layers! Just wasn't sure.

dcarylmk Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 12:03am
post #8 of 10

Anyone? icon_cry.gif I need to start the cake tomorrow. icon_eek.gif

deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 12:22am
post #9 of 10

pm sweettreat101.

dcarylmk Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 12:38am
post #10 of 10

Thanks! Just did! icon_biggrin.gif