Buttercream Lace

Decorating By Olenmetra Updated 10 Oct 2011 , 5:05am by sweettreat101

Olenmetra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Olenmetra Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 9

SOMEBODY...ANYBODY...HELP ME...lol... I have to do a black white and hot pink cake. Here are the details..... NO fondant, white buttercream and the topper will be covered with hot pink artificial roses. The kicker is that I need to cover the cake with black BUTTERCREAM lace. Can someone please help me out with a pattern or is there a stamp or something... i need to know how to do those. I'm a pretty good decorator, so I should be able to follow directions pretty well. ALSO, can black zebra stripes be done with buttercream (thats a different cake).

8 replies
mrscunningham Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscunningham Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 4:33pm
post #2 of 9

You can stencil on buttercream.

Olenmetra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Olenmetra Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 9

OK great, i will try to find some "how to's" on that. Is there anything else out there?

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 4:48pm
post #4 of 9

I do butter cream tiger stripes often. See page 2 in my gallery, I have an 8" gold cake done with black butter cream tiger stripes. Can't answer the lace question.

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 6:58pm
post #5 of 9

Do you mean Lacey lace or the cornelli lace...that squiggly line look?
There is a stamp for the cornelli lace IF you really need one, but honestly that is more of a squeeze it out thing and not something where you have to follow a pattern really...I know real technical terms. Sorry.
If you mean lacey lace, I have no idea other thatn PP said stencil.
HTH.

Petempich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petempich Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 2:17am
post #6 of 9

I would try this on a small cake first. I have made a lace buttercream wedding cake that I am posting the photo. I did not decorate cakes for about 30 years and have only started again for my family. I am rather rusty and you will do much better. I would try buying or making chocolate icing and add black food coloring to it. If I had to do this cake over again I would use a smaller tip and plan the flowers a little better. As long as the piping didn't bleed, I think you could pipe on black lace. Good Luck. I could not attach the photo so here is a link of the photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66736024@N08/6152393409

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Holdoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Holdoll Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 3:31am
post #8 of 9

Here's a tutorial for cornelli lace here on CC:

http://cakecentral.com/articles/99

and here's one from Wilton:

http://cakecentral.com/articles/99

Hth!

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 5:05am
post #9 of 9

Have you checked into Sugarveil? Easy to use and it would be so much easier to apply to the cake. Works well with silicone molds.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%