How Can I Recreate This Red Gucci Shoe From Elitecakedesign

Decorating By sugarpiehoneybun Updated 20 Sep 2010 , 10:07pm by FlourPots

sugarpiehoneybun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarpiehoneybun Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 11:47am
post #1 of 4

Hello I am banging my head about this one their is a red high heel gucci shoe @elitecakedesign.com.aus and it is gorgeous they have 2 of them if anyone has an idea how to recreate the platform shoe and the other has ribbon down the center if any suggestions please share I have a bridal shower coming soon. Do you think they used modelling chocalate or 50/50 gumpaste? Thank you icon_cry.gif

3 replies
Julie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julie53 Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 4

Have you emailed the person at that site for help? That is normally what we do when we see something we like. Usually the person on the other end will help if they can. Just a thought!

malakainrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malakainrop Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 12:50pm
post #3 of 4

This shoe is made at the Planet Cake Course in Sydney Australia - it is not something that is easy to explain in writing - but it might help you to know that the straps are formed on acetate and the rounded part of the heel is polystyrene on end of a wooden skewer (which is left uncoated for half its length so it can be inserted to secure to cake)

Oh - and it is made using flower paste (for strength)

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 10:07pm
post #4 of 4

Julie, at Flickr made the best version of this that I've ever seen...maybe you could contact her for tips...she's a lovely, lovely woman...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/creativecakesbyjulie/4732322283/in/photostream/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%