Can You Help?

Decorating By petulina Updated 21 Sep 2010 , 11:05am by petulina

petulina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petulina Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 22

hello,i am from Greece I find this site a few days ago and I love this!
I try to start now a new home bussines and I had an order from my husband's sister.She wants the purse I attach to the photo with a cocker spaniel inside ..... icon_confused.gif Any help is veryyyyy welcome .Ôhanks!!!! icon_redface.gif

21 replies
bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 22

dont see any picture.

petulina Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 22
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 22

Wow that cake is awesome, I would love to know how to do that aswell.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 6:34pm
post #5 of 22

The purse is an easy carve from a stack of 6" x 10" cakes. Or you could use loaf pans.

The head can be constructed easily with RKTs, and the handle can also be easly made with gumpaste, using long skewers to keep them up.

The hard part is the design on the purse, and the hair and face of the dog...

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 6:43pm
post #6 of 22

And getting the shape and proportion right >.< I can only hope in 10 years time I'll be as good as Karen Portaleo... she's amazing...

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPeps

And getting the shape and proportion right >.< I can only hope in 10 years time I'll be as good as Karen Portaleo... she's amazing...

I've learned that not being exact is okay when the only thing you have go by is a photo. Close, yes, but purses come in different sizes and so do dogs! icon_biggrin.gif

petulina Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 7:07pm
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

The hard part is the design on the purse, and the hair and face of the dog...

I agree thumbs_up.gif thats my big problem the logo in the bag (have you see any stencils or something to buy?must I do it by hand ? icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif )and the dog face icon_confused.gificon_sad.gif

petulina Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 7:26pm
post #9 of 22

By the way Macsmom and lisapeps I saw now yous photos and you do perfrct job! thumbs_up.gif
Macsmom you have a lot of veryyy nice purses cakes I like very much the prada bag and the sister in law doesn t mind for the brand (she just love designer bags icon_biggrin.gif and coker spaniels) .Is it easy to tell me a tutorial? icon_redface.gif
And forgive me for my english....

petulina Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 8:56am
post #10 of 22

anyone ? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Nusi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nusi Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 9:40am
post #11 of 22

if ur new i suggest you not go all the way and try to make something too difficult.. you can start wit hthe bag only. forget about the dog.. stack some regtangular cakes on top of each other and carve them to shape. u will just need the right color of fondant/gumpaste for the pieces.. the only part that will take u ages and hand painting all the logos on the cake "unless you have edible ink and a printer where u can just print and stick on the cake the pattern..
good luck.

online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 10:07am
post #12 of 22

That's an amazing cake. I don't want to discourage you, but that cake takes A LOT of experience. Not so much the purse, but the dog would require a lot of skill. On the other hand, you'll never know what you can do until you try! Be sure to post some pics when you're finished.

petulina Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 10:17am
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by online_annie

Be sure to post some pics when you're finished.

Of course!If I am not so embarassed with my results.I think this site have a topic for catastrofy cakes? icon_biggrin.gif If not maybe mine be the first ...The woman s birthday is at october 19th so have a lot of time ,and still begging for help.I don t mind for the brand of the bag just any designer bag ...and the dog ...I need the dog she is 50 years old and until now she afraid dogs and don t touch them and now she is in love with a coker spaniel that she is dogsitting for the summer...

Nusi Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 10:25am
post #14 of 22

well if the dog is a must u will need to get an extruder for the dogs hair, i use makins extruder. the green one. to make lots of strips of hair and then sticking them on the dogs face.. the dogs face itself can be done using RKT

petulina Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 10:56am
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusi

well if the dog is a must u will need to get an extruder for the dogs hair, i use makins extruder. the green one. to make lots of strips of hair and then sticking them on the dogs face.. the dogs face itself can be done using RKT

What about this dog head ?
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o123/petula-colorado/cocker.jpg
I have a clay gun this one
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?productId=625798
is it ok?

Nusi Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 11:13am
post #16 of 22

the other dong u can do with just the fondant and add some texture on it.. if u still want to do the hair u can use ur clay gun "god help your fingures" icon_smile.gif good luck with it.. give ur self PLENTY of time to work on it.. make the dog head few days in advance.. also the handles of the bag and any accesories.. u need them to dry out anyway. just dont make the mistake of working all in 1 or 2 days..

what i would do is make all the fondant and butter cream in one day and color anything that needs coloring. second day i would bake the cake and do any sculpting or molding of fondant. last 1 or 2 days i would ice and harve the cakes. then finally attach anything need attaching.. just make sure u have plenty of time.... always have extra fondant and butter cream on hand just incase!

good luck and let us know when ur done

petulina Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 11:20am
post #17 of 22
Quote:

good luck and let us know when ur done

Thanks so muchhhh icon_smile.gif

petulina Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 11:33am
post #18 of 22
Quote:

"god help your fingures" icon_smile.gif good luck with it..

not a good gun ? icon_sad.gif

Nusi Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:45am
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by petulina

Quote:

"god help your fingures" icon_smile.gif good luck with it..

not a good gun ? icon_sad.gif

well i didnt use the one u have so im not sure but i hear its not easy to use.. but anyway with that ammount of hair icon_razz.gif its gonna get tiering to extrude all the hair icon_razz.gif.. but dont worry i think with your deretmination you will do fine looking forward to seeing how it looks icon_smile.gif

petulina Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 9:15am
post #20 of 22

icon_biggrin.gif thank you !

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 10:47am
post #21 of 22

Although this one is not exact, I'm sure that hearts and roses image is available...I looked up tattoos and found this one

http://www.tattooartists.com/tattoos/data/508/medium/tattoo4.jpg

The Gs could be done with a individual letter stamp

http://www.stampinup.com/images/EC/I114952F.gif

even spacing can be done using an impression mat

http://www.earlenescakes-store.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=399&category_id=65

Of course, it can all be done without the use of the above items...these would just eliminate some of the stress is all.

petulina Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 11:05am
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Although this one is not exact, I'm sure that hearts and roses image is available...I looked up tattoos and found this one

http://www.tattooartists.com/tattoos/data/508/medium/tattoo4.jpg

The Gs could be done with a individual letter stamp

http://www.stampinup.com/images/EC/I114952F.gif

even spacing can be done using an

http://www.earlenescakes-store.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=399&category_id=65

Of course, it can all be done without the use of the above items...these would just eliminate some of the stress is all.

ÔÇÁÍÊ ÕÏU!!!!!so muchhh icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%