Baby Converse Shoe Template?????

Decorating By CakeQueen5 Updated 20 Sep 2010 , 9:19pm by SpringFlour

CakeQueen5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeQueen5 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 8:41am
post #1 of 6

Newbie here, Ok I have spent hours trying to find posts on how to work with templates...can't find any? really? I must not be looking in the right place. I want to make a pair of converse shoes for a baby shower cake, I printed out the template from stellastarchild on plain paper, but how do I actually "do It"? Do i roll out the fondant/gumpaste and freehand it, but that cant be right? Do I trace it? If so, what do I put it on? something clear? Do I go to kinkos or something? help I feel so stupid but I just dont understand?

5 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 6

Here is a link to Stellastarchild's instructions for her converse pattern.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1186693

When I made them, I used fondant with tylose. I printed the pattern out on card stock (but paper would be fine) and cut out the pieces. I rolled out the fondant about 1/8" thick. I laid the pattern on the fondant and used an Exacto knife to cut out the pieces. I put the toe/front piece on first and put a small wad of cotton inside to hold the rounded shape. I just used water as glue. I added the other pieces from there.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsmomma

Here is a link to Stellastarchild's instructions for her converse pattern.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1186693

When I made them, I used fondant with tylose. I printed the pattern out on card stock (but paper would be fine) and cut out the pieces. I rolled out the fondant about 1/8" thick. I laid the pattern on the fondant and used an Exacto knife to cut out the pieces. I put the toe/front piece on first and put a small wad of cotton inside to hold the rounded shape. I just used water as glue. I added the other pieces from there.

That is exactly how I did it too...

It sounds more complicated than it really is, Use gumpaste or fondant with Tylose in it and allow it to dry a few days .

My neice still has the ones I made for her baby shower and her baby is now 1 year old!

Well it appears that the add attachment feature STILL isn't working... I was going to add some pics but if you go to StellaStarchild's post you can see some ther...

Are they ever going to get CC working right again...

CakeQueen5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeQueen5 Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 6

Ok thanks alot. Wow I was having a hard time finding edible glue, glad to hear I can just use water. Now to find the tylose. Never even heard of that before. Can I find it ina grocery store or craft store?

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 9:12pm
post #5 of 6

Edible glue is just a dab of fondant or gumpaste mixed with water.
You'll probably have to look at a cake supply store or online for tylose.

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 6

If you can't find Tylose, you can just use gumpaste. It's easier to come by since craft stores carry it. Some WalMarts do, as well, in their cake decor aisle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%