Delivering My First Wedding Cake Today And Want To Puke!

Decorating By karenm0712 Updated 19 Sep 2010 , 2:48am by karenm0712

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 10

I have all of my cakes iced and have the SPS plates in place. I need to finish the decorations and then stack - hope to be done by 1PM and will leave around 5PM to deliver 35 minutes away. My stomach has butterflies likes crazy and I just want to puke! I would go with it un-stacked, but that is not possible since I like to cakes ice cold before stacking and the design really leave no rooms for errors...

Honestly not sure that I want to do wedding cakes anymore, the stress, the time away from my kids, and the feeling of wanting to PUKE every minute since I started working on this....vomit! LOL

It is 3 tiers 14" square, 10" round, 6" square. Positive thinking that all goes well!!!!!!!!!

9 replies
Suzisweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzisweet Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 10

Your cakes are lovely. Keep positive thoughts flowing. Breathe deep and you will be fine! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Once you set the cake on the table (at location) you will feel so proud, it will be worth it. Cake making is like having children, you forget all about the pain and then just go do it again!! LOL

Good Luck!

Suzi

mireillea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mireillea Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 10

Hi Karen,

Chin up! You will make it, the clients will love it, and tonight, you will experience that satisfied feeling of having made a wedding couple very happy with a beautiful cake!

bethasd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethasd Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 10

Hang in there! It's all part of the adrenaline rush. You'll feel so relieved when it's out the door.

Never thought of it like childbirth but it's SO true. I always have the 'panic' moment during the process. If I only had a delivery nurse to hold my hand through the labor pains icon_wink.gif

Suzisweet Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:00pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethasd

If I only had a delivery nurse to hold my hand through the labor pains icon_wink.gif

Funny, I think that all of the time. Just to have an extra set of hands or a kind inspiring word....

One of my last cakes, I got just that. My sister in law was there (as she was riding to the event with me and she is not a caker). Just her positive comments and occassional hand lent put me at peace....not sure why but it was a God sent at the time...she was truely my delivery nurse!!

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:14pm
post #6 of 10

LOL...every single wedding cake I deliver is going to be "my last one, Honestly, NEVER again..." and those are the ones where absolutely everything goes smoothly! icon_lol.gif

The fact that you are using SPS will make your delivery so much less *eventful*!

Best of luck, and I BET, as you are pulling away from the venue, a little voice says, "How awesome did that cake look?" !! icon_wink.gif

karenm0712 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 11:06pm
post #7 of 10

Home! Cake made it to the venue! My only hiccup today was that I got 2 HUGE air pockets on my 14" bottom tier literally minutes before I began decorating in BLACK icing!!! I mean these suckers were BIG and the just grew, and grew, and grew! What in the world causes such a monster? lol

Now I am off to eat w/my DH. I have been running on my morning cup of coffee all day.....couldn't eat was too sick to my stomach!

Suzisweet Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 1:48am
post #8 of 10

So good to hear that your cake and you both made it through....and without puke no less!

Hope you enjoy your well deserved dinner!

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 2:00am
post #9 of 10

I remember my first wedding cake (in May) and I felt the exact same way - I almost puked all over the cake - I was soo stressed out. What did you do about the bubble on the 14" cake? I'm curious.. was it covered in fondant? Did you refrigerate it at all? That's great that you're using the sps.. I'm probably going to do that the next time, less stressful! Your cakes are wonderful! I'm sure the bride will contact you to tell you how awesome it was and then you'll be able to breath again. icon_smile.gif

karenm0712 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 2:48am
post #10 of 10

Well trying to poke a hole in it didn't work so I got the next thing closest to me...a butcher knife! LOL I sliced it open and then pushed it all back together......the one side was a clean fix....the other, well, it took a bit of elbow grease to make it look pretty again... did I mention that my fondant ribbon border was already in place? I wonder if that did something....I have NEVER had air pockets before....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%