My Boyfriend Is Awesome! I Had To Share...

Decorating By MissSassyBuns Updated 4 Oct 2010 , 12:42pm by bobwonderbuns

MissSassyBuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissSassyBuns Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 16

Hello all!

I'm so excited, today is my birthday and my boyfriend suprised me totally with the best present! He bought me a portable studio to take more professional photos of my cakes!! He also put together a portfolio of all the cakes I've done! He is the BEST. now I just need to figure out how to use it and continue learning all the tricks of my camera!

If anyone has any tips on using the lighting and backdrops for the studio, they are greatly appreciated! icon_biggrin.gif

15 replies
JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 16

No tips for you, but I just had to say that your boyfriend gets MAJOR brownie points! :] I'm jealous ;]

Enjoy!

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 16

There is an article/tutorial somewhere on here about taking quality cake photos.
Congrats, very sweet boyfriend!

MissSassyBuns Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 5:22pm
post #4 of 16

Thanks! I heart him! I'll definitely check out that thread. I have a LOT to learn!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 16

Do you know where he got it? I've been looking for one myself.

MissSassyBuns Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 5:48pm
post #6 of 16

He got it from Cowboy Studios through ebay and from what I hear got a screamin' deal!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 8:38pm
post #7 of 16

Great gift, but I don't have any suggestions, picture taking isn't my forte!

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 3:44am
post #8 of 16

I take the worst stinkin' pix. My camera is junk so I usually just take them with my iphone lol . They always come out dark, no sharp focus, no good color saturation...sigh. I'm hoping to get a new one for Christmas.

Congrats to you! And WTG boyfriend! Let us know when you post some pix in this new goodie!

Vanaya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanaya Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 6:48am
post #9 of 16

Wow!!!! Thats an awesome present! specially that he took the time to set up your portfolio. You are one lucky woman!

I've been looking for one myself. Which set is it? I'm looking at all the different ones on the website. http://www.cowboystudio.com

icon_smile.gif

MissSassyBuns Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 9:36pm
post #10 of 16

WOW, sorry it took me so long to respond!! I wasn't getting email notification....anyways, he got the $169 kit...Photo Studio Continous Lighting kit, Background Support, and Black & White Backgrounds. I can't wait to go to the fabric store and pick up some great backdrops!

And he's even cooler now! He proposed to me over the weekend! I'm too excited not to share that bit!

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 9:51pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSassyBuns

WOW, sorry it took me so long to respond!! I wasn't getting email notification....anyways, he got the $169 kit...Photo Studio Continous Lighting kit, Background Support, and Black & White Backgrounds. I can't wait to go to the fabric store and pick up some great backdrops!

And he's even cooler now! He proposed to me over the weekend! I'm too excited not to share that bit!

Congratulations!!!!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 6:41pm
post #12 of 16

Congratulations! Have fun learning how to best use it!

Maluisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maluisa Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 4:53pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSassyBuns

Hogwash!!! Thats the reason you did't respond. LOL

Many, many congratulations to you both!!

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 5:17pm
post #14 of 16

First HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Second CONGRADULATIONS!! YEAH a wedding!

Lori00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori00 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:40am
post #15 of 16

If anyone is going to order a portable studio including cowboys go to Amazon they have it cheaper than 169.00!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 12:42pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori00

If anyone is going to order a portable studio including cowboys go to Amazon they have it cheaper than 169.00!

Is this the one? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NDZ4G8/?tag=cakecentral-20

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%