Delivery Conundrum

Baking By OneCreativeCookie Updated 17 Sep 2010 , 12:26am by SwtCanuck

OneCreativeCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OneCreativeCookie Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 4

For those of you who provide local home delivery...what do you do when the recipient is not at home at the designated time for your delivery?

My client ordered cookies, provided me with contact information for the recipient and I arranged with the recipient a time for delivery. I showed up, she wasn't there.

So, I ended up delivering to her office the following day, but that meant a separate trip out and a day later delivery (I hate for even 12 extra hours to go by between oven and consumer if I can help it!).

By coincidence the recipient was a friend, so I sort of didn't mind, but what to do when the recipient isn't a friend?! Client only paid me for one delivery...hmmm.

Suggestions?

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 12:01am
post #2 of 4

I would stipulate in the contract that only one delivery attempt was included in the total price.
If the customer wasn't there for delivery, another delivery charge or customer pick (at your convenience)
would be required.

HTH

gatorcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gatorcake Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 12:21am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

I would stipulate in the contract that only one delivery attempt was included in the total price.
If the customer wasn't there for delivery, another delivery charge or customer pick (at your convenience)
would be required.

HTH

Nod this seems like the best option. You are not UPS with multiple delivery attempts. And even after a few tries UPS will make you come pick up. One time delivery in the price, if they are not there then they should have to come pick up or pay for another delivery attempt.

SwtCanuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwtCanuck Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 12:26am
post #4 of 4

That has happened to me as well. I made the customer come and pick it up when it was good timing for me. Maybe next time have their cell phone # as well as their house number so you can get ahold of them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%