Hi Ho Hi Ho, It's Off To Make Tesso's Mmf I Go...

Decorating By eve81 Updated 17 Sep 2010 , 3:23pm by Cohaja12

eve81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve81 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 6

I came online tonight to relax but something in my subconscious has been bugging me all week, something I wanted to do or try and reading a post on here tonight just refreshed my memory. I'm excited to make this stuff because all my recent cakes (using MMF and MFF) have had slight "elephant skin". Not that anyone but myself noticed, but I'm such a PITA when it comes to critiquing my own work.

Going to use strawberry jello tonight because I want it to be red. Has anyone tried any of the other flavours, esp the flavourless? thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 12:51am
post #2 of 6

OOOHHH! Please tell us what you think!

eve81 Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 7:21am
post #3 of 6

well I havent used it to decorate yet because I let it settle overnight. but I might later today, but it was REALLY easy to make and looks so smooth. Tastes fantastic too. icon_smile.gif

I decided not to leave it in the fridge like I normally (temperatures here atm are pretty cool) do so dont know whether that will affect it overall but I'll soon find out!

eve81 Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS

OOOHHH! Please tell us what you think!

I didnt have a cake to decorate but I did have some cut offs from yesterday so I made them into a little mini rounded cake mound covered that with bc, chilled it for a while then tore off some of the fondant to see what it was like to cover it. LOVE IT! I didnt even use cornflour on the surface to roll it. and then I used the cut offs from the covering fondant to make a teeny bit of rope decoration and a couple of roses. didnt tear at all on me. Just checked the clock and it only took me 15 mins from the time I started rolling the fondant to finish to do what I just did. ok it was only a mini cake but still. Im impressed. And now my sons have cake for their dessert later. Everyone wins!

I will say they didnt have any of the proper strawberry jelly in my local shop so i had to buy a cheaper product called quick gel and I think that's why there was a tiny bit of graininess but I'll know soon because I'm going to use a better jelly/jello next time.
Tesso you're a genius thumbs_up.gif

mdmitchell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdmitchell Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 6

Can you direct me to the recipe that you are using?

Cohaja12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cohaja12 Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 3:23pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmitchell

Can you direct me to the recipe that you are using?

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=694283&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%