1/2 And 1/2

Decorating By mischelle522 Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 7:13pm by leily

mischelle522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mischelle522 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 7

I am making my daguther 1st birthday cake soon. I will be using the number 1 cake pan by wilton. I would like to make the cake 2 flavors.
Any tips on how to make it 1/2 and 1/2

6 replies
Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 7

Well, you could fill half the pan with one flavor (using something to make a dam) and then the other half with another flavor.

OR - you could bake 2 cakes, one each flavor, cut the 1 in half (horizontally) and push the two halves together and ice. Or tort the 1's and put one flavor on top of the other.

SweetsbyLadawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetsbyLadawn Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 7

I normally make a heavy foil "dam" have my husband hold the "dam" I add both flavors remove the foil and the merge.

sweetcakesbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbyjen Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 7

This is my most requested way of making cakes. I make up my two flavors in two bowls and once both are ready to be poured in the pan, I have my husband pour one side and I do the other at the same time and pace. Bake as usual and you have your two flavors. Hope this makes sense.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 7

I just tilt one side of the cake pan, pour in the white batter, then lay pan flat and pour in the chocolate. Swirl the two flavors slightly in the middle.

Most of my sheet cakes are done like this.

Tammies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammies_Cakes Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:11pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

I just tilt one side of the cake pan, pour in the white batter, then lay pan flat and pour in the chocolate. Swirl the two flavors slightly in the middle.

I do this also!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:13pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammies_Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

I do this also!

Same here

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%