Cricut Imagine?

Decorating By heddahope Updated 17 Sep 2010 , 2:22am by heddahope

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 4:28am
post #1 of 8

Has anyone seen this? Does it seem worth the $500 price tag?

7 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 8

1st thing i looked for is if i coulld use edible ink in it. And since HP doesn't do edible ink carts. I didn't look to hard at this machine.

I think its a lot of money for what it will do.

There is another machine out that will cut out what you print out, its all done on the computer and you don't need to spend your life savings on image carts.

this of course is JMO

The cricut message boards are filled with info about this machine and you will probably find more info there then you will get here.

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:04am
post #3 of 8

thumbsdown.gif IMO, NO, it's not worth it! I am a member at the Cricut boards, as I am an avid scrapper/cardmaker...and this new machine is really nothing more in my opinion than a very expensive clip art machine. $500 goes a long way towards buying more cartridges and other more useful items. JMO. icon_wink.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:19am
post #4 of 8

The silouette will cut anything you can print on gumpaste on an edible image printer and it's half the price. I use Make the Cut software and don't have to buy any cartridges.

heddahope Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:26am
post #5 of 8

Where can I check out the silouette?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 8

Check out LInda McClure's website www . deseret designs . com / custom .html (without the spaces)

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 12:05am
post #7 of 8

No, it's not worth it. The Silhouette does a lot more and is cheaper. Plus you don't need to buy cartridges with it. Buying a cricut machine is just the beginning of the money you spend with a cricut. Plus, can you imagine the amount of money you'll spend on ink, if you're printing your own papers? Good grief! You'll need a second mortgage.

heddahope Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 2:22am
post #8 of 8

Thank you ladies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%