How Do I Can Caramel Sauce And Other Fillings, Toppings?

Lounge By cakesmade4u Updated 18 Sep 2010 , 5:11am by tesso

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 8

Hi I wanted to see if it is possible to can caramel sauce and other fillings or toppings like- strawberry, lemon curd, chocolate sauce etc? If so how do i do this or what is the best way to do this? would love to do in bulk and give as gifts with some cake, or breads? TIA

7 replies
cakesmade4u Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 8

does any one do this? I did find you can can caramel.. but others not yet..

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 8

If you google this topic you can find lots of information on canning.

cakesmade4u Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 8

thanks but i haven't found to much info and wanted to see if anyone was successful on doing it before i do this, but will keep looking to ... icon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 9:02pm
post #5 of 8
julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 9:28pm
post #6 of 8

Caramel sauce, Now i don't know about that, but if you want to make quick dulche de leche you can put a can of condensed milk in the oven and cook that. Don't open it up. http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/382487

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 4:52am
post #7 of 8

I noticed they didn't recomment canning chocolate sauces. Why not put the chocolate sauce in pretty containers that are freezer safe and freeze, and let them know to use them within a certain amount of time.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 5:11am
post #8 of 8

I can strawberry, blueberry, cherry, etc.. jams that I use for cake fillings. Is that what you are talking about as far as fillings?

On the chocolate and caramel.. canning.. NO. but they freeze wonderfully!! Here is a website you should check out. http://www.backwoodshome.com/forum/vb/showthread.php?t=5104

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%