They Want A Wedding Cake That Doesn't Look Like Wedding Cake

Decorating By mom2spunkynbug Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 5:25am by Olivia02

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:27am
post #1 of 5

And I am totally out of ideas. The couple wants a cake for their wedding that doesn't look like a typical wedding cake. It's on the day before Halloween but they don't want it to be Halloween-themed. They also want to use their own flowers on the cake.

My brain's fried & I don't know what to do for a wedding cake with flowers to not make it look like a traditional wedding cake. Topsy turvy is what I'm thinking?! Other than that... icon_confused.gif

4 replies
pursuing_perfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pursuing_perfection Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:35am
post #2 of 5

It might be an idea to ask them how they define a "typical wedding cake". Perhaps they just mean nothing that looks 1980's! Once you nail down what they don't want, then it will be easier to explore the options.

pursuing_perfection Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:36am
post #3 of 5

Something "different" could be a cake with a giant pumpkin on top (use the Wilton Sports Ball pan) - not a Jack-O-Lantern, but a pumpkin (like in Cinderella). If they have flowers that are fall colors, you could easily work it in.

pursuing_perfection Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 5:06am
post #4 of 5

Me again. There is an awesome pumpkin in the galleries that may give you some inspiration: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1748423&done=2

Olivia02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Olivia02 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 5:25am
post #5 of 5

You could even change the shape of the cake. Usually all wedding cake are round or square.Try like a hexagon or oval or petal shape. Also a typical wedding cake is always white, maybe suggesting the cake be in color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%