Omg The Nerve Of A Bride, How Dare She!!!!!

Decorating By dguerrant Updated 15 Sep 2010 , 3:28am by dguerrant

dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:31am
post #1 of 10

I had booked a wedding cake for a friend of a friend. She picked out the cake, 4-tier hexagon with red ribbon wrapped at the base of each tiers, and black scroll work. Well no problem, booked the date SEPT. 18, 2010. She is a Facebook friend and well, today I Facebook her for the final details on the time and who will be there, only to find out......

She no longer needed a cake that big, but needed one for 100 people and only had a budget of $125. I told her that I could do a simple sheet cake for that price. She wanted to know the pricing for a smaller tiered cake and I quoted her $225. I then inquired again as to the details and she informs me.......

SHE FRIGGIN CHANGED THE DATE!!!!!!! AND DIDN"T HAVE THE DESCENCY TO INFORM ME!!!!!!

Her new date falls on the same one that I have Pink Cake Box style stacked luggage cake for 350 people. I sent her an ooooops you changed the date and didn't tell me, soooooo you don't have a cake message.

DO BRIDES NOT THink? WTH!!!!

9 replies
dguerrant Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:40am
post #2 of 10

this is her actual reply to me not doing her cake: icon_mad.gif

Ok well that is fine thanks though! Im sorry that I didnt inform you, I had to tell so many different people, its just been crazy and very stressful planning. I am doing this all by myself and Its driving me nuts!

WHAT THE HELLLLL icon_evil.gif , so many people to tell!!!! HMMMM let's do the math:

#1 groom
#2 pastor
#3 church/venue
#4 FRIGGIN CAKE LADY
#5 everybody else

Everyone planning/attending a wedding expects a bride, groom, preacher, and a darn CAKE!!!! HOW CAN YOU HONESTLY FORGET TO TELL THE CAKE LADY!!!!!!!! icon_evil.gif

katystinykitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katystinykitchen Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:56am
post #3 of 10

Thank goodness you got out of it at least!!! It seems like things wouldn't of gone well with her no matter what!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:02am
post #4 of 10

sounds like a PITA to me icon_lol.gif good riddens!

ysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ysa Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:04am
post #5 of 10

it's her responsibilty to inform you and she knows that..what i do is i let them sign the receipt and they have no choice but to stick with their given date..

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 10:24am
post #6 of 10

Betcha she didn't have any deposit down, otherwise no way would she have "forgotten"

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 10:05pm
post #7 of 10

I had a bride change her date on me once, but she didn't tell me at all, so I showed up to deliver the cake a day early. At least she had changed it to the day AFTER I thought, and not the day before. She wouldn't have had a cake then.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 10:25pm
post #8 of 10

Sounds like you didn't have a deposit or contract. Not good, but at least you got rid of her.

dm321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dm321 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 10:40pm
post #9 of 10

Did you have a signed contract with her?

You may have been thinking your previous conversation was some kind of verbal contract, but she may have been thinking it all just hypothetical Especially considering the wedding is (or was supposed to be) just days away If she didnt contact you to finalize any of the details, she probably didnt even realize you were her friggin cake lady

Good luck!
~diem

dguerrant Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 3:28am
post #10 of 10

No, I didn't have a signed contract and she has gotten cakes from me before and never had a problem. well, needless to say i am not doing ANYMORE cakes for her period, I don't care if she pays ahead or not!!!! I have enough to do this weekend anyway icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%