Need Help On Wording This Letter (To Previous Brides For Pix

Business By mom2spunkynbug Updated 20 Sep 2010 , 10:19am by sweetde80

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 2:55am
post #1 of 9

I'd like to email all my previous brides & ask them for a professional picture of their wedding cake. This is going to go back to last year all the way up through last month. I just need help on wording it. Also, for the ones who sent "thank you" cards...should I thank them for the thank you notes? Any advice would be appreciated - thanks

8 replies
Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:41am
post #2 of 9

I don't know about wording, but you may find that they are not at liberty to give you professional pictures to use in advertising. The photographer would probably have to give you permission to use the photos.

Don't you take your own pictures of your cakes before you deliver them? I just use a piece of foamcore draped with black fabric as a backdrop and I get pretty good pics.

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:23am
post #3 of 9

Well, I figured since some brides have sent me their pics with their thank-you cards, that that would be the way to go.

Of course I take pics of the cakes...I am looking for high quality, professional pictures.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:48am
post #4 of 9

unfortunately, I agree with Ruth icon_sad.gif the other problem you have is that you would have to give credit to every photographer since it is their photo.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:49am
post #5 of 9

i just took a look at your photos...i think you have fine pictures icon_biggrin.gif

Navyempress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Navyempress Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 8:19am
post #6 of 9

You could always ask your brides for the name of the photographer they used because you are interested in purchasing professional pictures of their cake. I'm sure most, if not all, will remember who they used. Many brides may not even have extra photos of the cake to give you. The photographer would then give you permission for use, though there may be limits.

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 12:55pm
post #7 of 9

I always ask the photographer to e-mail me a pic. They never have a problem with it. In fact, they are usually trying to get their names out there too. It's nice to have a picture of the bride and groom cutting the cake as well as the staged pic of the cake alone.

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 8:38pm
post #8 of 9

What the previous couple of posters said... ask for their photographer info. It's actually on my consultation form to ask them now. That way I know I can ask the photographer directly for a copy (since I'm awful at taking pictures eventhough I always take some). It works well and most photographers are just as happy to share their work as we are to share ours (some charge..which is fine it costs them money and time).
I've made good friends with some of my area photographers and they let me know that they've got good pics for me and how the cake went over. As they are always the ones there to see it all, I'm not. So...it's extra beneficial to hear how it went long before the couple tells me.
And many times I leave them cupcake boxes so they have a little treat to take home with them at the end of the long day.

sweetde80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetde80 Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 10:19am
post #9 of 9

It would not hurt to send a letter asking for the photographers info or asking them if they own the rights to the pics.. I bought all my negatives from my photographer. SO in essance I am with every legal right to hand them out.\\ as I please.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%