What Are These Flowers?

Decorating By BethLS Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 2:54am by BethLS

BethLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethLS Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 2:41am
post #1 of 3


I have a request for these flowers on an upcoming wedding cake, and for the life of me I can't find what they are! I'm almost sure they're of a gumpaste medium, but as to what the flowers are, are these just a normal small 5 petal flower cutter dried on formers? And do you think they're petal dusted?

Thanks for the insight icon_smile.gif I appreciate it!

Wait, shoot...since I figure I cant attach it properly, please look for it in my photos! It is the 3 tier with an eggplantish satin ribbon along the edges with little green flowers.

Disclaimer: This is obviously not my cake, nor my photograph. If I knew the name of the baker I could credit him/her. In fact, believe me I looked hard because I wanted to find a better picture! icon_wink.gif

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 2:46am
post #2 of 3

They're gumpaste, just a regular 5 petal cutter. You don't even need formers for them as long as your gumpaste is stiff enough. Cut them out, put them on a thick foam pad and press gently in the middle with a ball tool to give them that cupped shape. They look like they were airbrushed, because they're white on the backs and green on the fronts, and then the centers are piped RI. You could make them with green gumpaste, no need for an airbrush.

BethLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethLS Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 2:54am
post #3 of 3

Thankya ma'am!

I appreciate the quick response! I just really wanted to confirm my thoughts and you did just that.

I'm really glad to hear no air brushing can be done...my nozzle and hose for my bakery craft compressor have went MIA icon_evil.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%