How Do I Make A Fondant Duck?

Decorating By bluehawk1982 Updated 17 Sep 2010 , 4:35am by snazzygem

bluehawk1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehawk1982 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 4

Hi i was wondering if anyone knows if there are any visual tutorials out there on how to make a fondant/gumpaste rubber duckie? i have looked on youtube but there doesn't seem to be anything on there

here is the link for the ducks i am wanting to make

http://www.butterflysweets.com/images/cakes/jessyscakeresizedwatermark.jpg

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

3 replies
imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 4

Very hard to find instructions for duckies. You might have to practice a little in advance, till you get it right.

This is the more detailed I could find. Tried to look for videos, but couldn't find any!

http://cuteyummytime.wordpress.com/2009/04/11/cute-rubber-ducky-cupcakes-fondant-animals-cute-food-decoration-ar/

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 4

Polymer clay books or websites might have what you're looking for.

snazzygem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snazzygem Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 4:35am
post #4 of 4

I recently made duckies out of modeling chocolate for a baby cake (see my photos).

For the body I just rolled an egg shaped ball and used my index and thumb to slightly pinch the tail upward. I did actually pinch some of the chocolate off so the tail wasn't as thick.

For the head I just rolled a ball and plopped it on the body. Then I just free hand cut the little wings and slapped them on the sides.

For the eyes, I rolled teeny tiny little balls of white. I actually put the ball where I wanted the eye and then flattened it. I did the same for the blue.

For the beak, I rolled a small oval shape, flattened it slightly and folded it over onto itself to create the look of a top and bottom beak. then carefully shaped it to look more triangular. Then I attached it.

I hope that helps!! Good luck!

Kate icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%