New Technique For Me!

Decorating By Lorabell Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 8:14pm by Lorabell

Lorabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorabell Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 7

I did a buttercream transfer today for the first time!! I had to mix about 6 different colors because it was SpongeBob ( I hate mixing colors). I loved it!! What a great way to bring life to a cake! Can't wait to do it again..

There is a great demo on YouTube..I just typed in "How to do a buttercream transfer" and it was the first one that popped up.

Just wanted to share with all of you! Happy caking!

Lori icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 7

Congratulations! Did it all come off the transfer paper for you? I done it twice and each time the icing never harden enough! Half stuck on the wax paper

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 7

i tried my first last week. i used parchment paper and it came off fine ... not really easy, but i did peel it off w/o damaging the BC.

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 7

I've done a couple myself and after doing them, I wondered why hadn't I learned to do them sooner. It was real easy and the image can out very nice. princess.gif

Lorabell Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 7

I haven't had to use it yet. It is for this weekend. I hope I don't have any trouble gettting it off the wax paper. I'm gonna make an edible image for a back up.

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 7

I just dont understand why mne never firm up hard. I only use buttercream (WIlton receipe) and have even left it overnite to harden. Darn it! icon_cry.gif

Lorabell Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 8:14pm
post #7 of 7

I put mine in the freezer. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%