Make Jello "ice" Cubes

Decorating By tylersmom812 Updated 15 Sep 2010 , 1:22am by Ursula40

tylersmom812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tylersmom812 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 7

saw several ideas on here to making a ice chest cake and using plain or clear jello for the ice....can you buy clear jello in a regular store if so what flavor or how do you make clear jello...i want to use this idea for a cake like in the next week or so so if anyone can let me know how to do this or what to get to do this i would really appreciate it...thanks so much

6 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 7

buy the "gelatin" that comes in the orange and white box, I think it is. It is with the jello's and/or near the canning stuff I think... It comes in a small box with 2 or 4 small packages in them.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 7

You need to buy plain gelatin not "Jello", you will find it in the same area as Jello is sold.

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 7

Try the unflavored Knox gelatin.

tylersmom812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tylersmom812 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 7

thanks soooo much for all the responses and help on this question, i really appreciate it alot...thanks again...=)

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 7

try unflavored Knox gelatin and put a bit of blue to make it look like water. be careful because i hear that the cubes can melt. Use less water than called for to make it sturdy. I would go the isomalt route and just break it up in little shards or rock candy like this ccer
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1452331

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 1:22am
post #7 of 7

Using jello on a fondant covered cake made my fondant melt, perhaps the unflavoured Gelatin would be better than jello

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%