Petit Fours Recipe And Petit Four Frosting Recipe Needed

Baking By Hayes77 Updated 17 Sep 2010 , 1:57am by bates123

Hayes77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hayes77 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 4

I need a complete recipe for petit fours and the frosting. The easier the recipe the better. Thanks!

3 replies
littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 5:02am
post #2 of 4

me too!

surely someone has one out there!

i was thinking of mixing half melted white chocolate with the standard soft ball recipe

CK has pre made in the sleeve...anyone tried that?

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 1:36am
post #3 of 4

recipe for petit fours ? any cake recipe you like as long as it is not too soft/delicate ..

Real poured fondant ?

Poured fondant:
2-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup corn syrup
  Heat sugar, water and corn syrup to the soft-ball stage (238°F). Pour into the food processor fitted with the steel blade. Wash the candy thermometer well and reinsert into the syrup. Let the syrup cool undisturbed in the workbowl to 140°F, about 30 minutes. Remove the thermometer.
  Add any coloring or flavoring (vanilla, almond extract, etc.) and process 2 to 3 minutes, until the syrup completely converts from a glassy syrup to an opaque paste. When thoroughly cooled, store sealed at room temperature for 24 hours. Refrigerate 12 hours.
  Make a solution of simple sugar syrup. Dissolve 1 cup sugar in 1/2 cup water water, bring to the boil, then cool.
  In a double boiler, pour 1/2 cup simple syrup over the solid mass of fondant. Heat very slightly to dissolve the fondant. Too much heat will melt the fondant and ruin it.
  Once dissolved [add more syrup if necessary] it will be an opaque white liquid. Colour [very sparingly].
  Pour evenly over the crumb-coated cakes [sitting on an elevated rack with paper underneath to catch the drips!]
  Stand 15-25 minutes to set ..

OR

King Arthur Faux Poured Fondant
5 ounces white chocolate
16 oz confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup hot water
Melt the chocolate.
Sift the sugar into a bowl
Add the corn syrup and hot water, stirring till smooth.
Add the melted chocolate to the sugar mixture.
[Flavour and colour is desired.]
If the mixture is too thick to pour, heat gently over low heat
Stir in 2 tb water.

bates123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bates123 Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 1:57am
post #4 of 4

I was just wondering about the above recipes...do both taste good. The first recipe looks so much more difficult, so I was wondering if the second recipe tastes as good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%