Where Can I Buy Satin Ice Fondant In New York City For Less?

Decorating By MsCupcakeNY Updated 9 Nov 2010 , 8:41pm by playingwithsugar

MsCupcakeNY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsCupcakeNY Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 5

Good day all,

I've been doing a research on where to find Satin Ice Fondant in NY. I'm sure there's tons out here but can't seem to find any info online. I found some at GlobalArt.com but the S&H is too much.

I'm a beginner decorator and I've been using Wilton since I can get a cheap discounts at Michaels. But I'd like to try a premium quality fondant for my next project. Thanks in advance!

4 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 5

GSA has it about as cheap as you can get it anywhere....other than Oasis Supply but they are local for me (Philly area)...but you could check into their shipping.

You have to buy several buckets to make the shipping worthwhile...if you just buy one, then the shipping will be high but if you can buy a few buckets then it evens out to not so bad.

Also if you watch for the fondant (Satin Ice or FondX) to go on sale, that helps too.

I buy mine locally at Oasis but if I didn't live near Oasis I would buy from GSA.

cakesage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesage Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 5

NY Cake and Baking Supplies store in NYC carries Satin Ice Fondant. It is on 56 West 22nd Street, between 5th and 6th Avenue. I've noticed that online prices are cheaper but they hit you with crazy shipping charges.

I would recommend you to pay a visit to this store. You will feel like a kid in a candy store. This store has every imaginable cake/baking tool. Alot of the celebrity pastry chefs shop there. icon_smile.gif

ruthi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthi Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 5

If you're up for travelling to Brooklyn - Kerekes at 6103 15th Avenue carries Satin Ice....bakedeco.com

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 5

I used to order directly from SatinIce, and at the time, I found it cheaper than buying retail. They have a minimum of 1 case, which would be 2-20 lb buckets, plus freight.

At the time, you could not order online, only by telephone.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%