Is She Serious Or Is This A Hidden Camera Show?

Decorating By twistedsplinters Updated 11 Sep 2010 , 3:38am by microbiology1

twistedsplinters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twistedsplinters Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 3

I had a woman who use to buy cakes from me email me yesterday. In the email she states that she is disabled and to make extra money started making "cakes", and if I could give her some advice on how to sell and if she could copy my payment & delivery policies from my site and put on hers and tips on cakes etc..
So far I havent answered the email. I thought to myself wheres the camera icon_eek.gif .. Then I get a msg on FB from her. This woman use to be acustomer decided to start "trying " to make cakes and lives about 20 miles from my location and she wants me to help her learn to make and sell cakes.

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 3

What kind of licensing requirements do you have there? I would email her about those and tell her to get back to you once she's licensed. Then when (if) she gets back to you, suggest that she take the Wilton classes, and tell her that you had to figure out what kind of payment and delivery policies worked best for you and that rather than copying yours, she should figure out what she wants to do, and then write up her own policies, since she knows best what will work for her.

It's really tempting to tell her something sarcastic, but since she does live in your area, you don't want her badmouthing you if you can help it.

microbiology1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
microbiology1 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 3:38am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

What kind of licensing requirements do you have there? I would email her about those and tell her to get back to you once she's licensed. Then when (if) she gets back to you, suggest that she take the Wilton classes, and tell her that you had to figure out what kind of payment and delivery policies worked best for you and that rather than copying yours, she should figure out what she wants to do, and then write up her own policies, since she knows best what will work for her.

It's really tempting to tell her something sarcastic, but since she does live in your area, you don't want her badmouthing you if you can help it.

Why not just go with 'wow, that's so wonderful! I do all of my research at CC. I would start there. Best Wishes'. Somehow I think that will get rid of her faster than telling her 'no'.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%