I Love My Husband

Lounge By emrldsky Updated 15 Sep 2010 , 1:47am by emrldsky

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 6

Now, my DH and I are probably still considered "newlyweds" to many of you out there, and I'm certain that the newly-married glow still surrounds us a bit (our 4th anniversary is next month!), but I gotta say, I couldn't have picked a better guy!!!

He and I were watching a documentary about the credit industry (credit cards, loans, mortgages, etc.) and I had to ask him to pause it so I could tell him how thankful and grateful I am that he is so solid and stubborn about our money.

He guides us to making SOUND financial decisions in our lives, and I love him for that. We only have our mortgage and my student loan right now, and it feels good to know that's our only debt.

This is just one of the many reasons I love him, so I think I'll keep him. icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 6

Aawww that is awesome.
Its doubly awesome that you took the time to acknowledge that about him and let him know how much you appreciate him.
Sometimes its easy to forget to tell them why we love them.

what did he say??

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 5:56am
post #3 of 6

Good for you. Hubby and I are the same way. NO CREDIT CARDS!! just mortgage and my student loans (which are bad enough),

And it is crucial to take time to pat each other on the back and acknowledge each others strengths.

We just celebrated 16th wedding anniversary, total time together 19 years. And we are still in the Honeymoon phase. icon_biggrin.gif and get totally bummed when we cant spend time together due to work.

sounds like you two are on the way to the permanent honeymoon marriage. thumbs_up.gif

emrldsky Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 2:52am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryn

Aawww that is awesome.
Its doubly awesome that you took the time to acknowledge that about him and let him know how much you appreciate him.
Sometimes its easy to forget to tell them why we love them.

what did he say??

He said it was good to hear. icon_smile.gif He definitely needs a lot of verbal acknowledgment of his strengths, to the point where it's a bit overkill (I blame his mother, lol). But I try to tell him that I think he's a good man and a wonderful provider. He loves hearing it, but I try not to tell him TOO often, otherwise the words don't mean as much, ya know?

And Tesso, we do have some credit cards, but we only use one and it gets paid off every single month (we take advantage of the bonuses for gas and such).

It's so great that you and your DH are still in the honeymoon phase!! I can only hope that DH and I can continue that ourselves. icon_biggrin.gif

sexy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sexy_baker Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 9:14am
post #5 of 6

You gave me an "aawww" moment there. I really find marriages like yours as an inspiration that life doesn't end after marriage, that there's more to life if you only find a partner who'll be a constant friend and teammate, acknowledging each other's needs and positive traits...More years for you and you husband emrldsky! Keep that fire burning. icon_smile.gif

emrldsky Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 1:47am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexy_baker

You gave me an "aawww" moment there. I really find marriages like yours as an inspiration that life doesn't end after marriage, that there's more to life if you only find a partner who'll be a constant friend and teammate, acknowledging each other's needs and positive traits...More years for you and you husband emrldsky! Keep that fire burning. icon_smile.gif

Thank you!!! Both of us come from nuclear families that are still going very strong, so we learned a lot about relationships, give and take and compromise growing up. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%