Buttercream Question!!

Decorating By Stephy42088 Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 11:47pm by icer101

Stephy42088 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephy42088 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! I have some buttercream I made last friday and have A LOT left over, would it still be good to use for this saturday? It has been in the fridge the entire time. Thanks!!

4 replies
juststarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juststarted Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 5

you have to give us a bit more info about what kind of buttercream is that.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 5

If it's crisco based, it's absolutley fine. I have only made IMBC a few times and have not had any left over to know if it holds well.

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 5

I was just wondering about how long it would last as well. I've got a couple colors of the Wilton buttercream recipe in the fridge and was thinking of transferring it to the freezer. I'm new at this, so not sure if I can do that. If I can, how long will it last in the freezer? I'm assuming I'd need to defrost it in the fridge when I go to use it, though.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 11:47pm
post #5 of 5

I have frozen american b/c ,plenty of times. It will last a long time. I have frozen smbc, itmb, etc. plenty of times. it last a long time. For the smbc,etc , i let it come to room temp. Sometimes i rebeat it, sometimes i don,t. The american b/c that one of you said has been in your fridge, yes, you can now put it in the freezer . It will still taste great , when you want to use it again. Its actually better tasting than when you first make it( american or smbc, imbc, etc. ) hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%