Black Edible Marker - Supply & Demand

Decorating By KAMI_Cakes Updated 15 Oct 2010 , 4:12am by JCE62108

KAMI_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KAMI_Cakes Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 6

I'm tired of buying whole packs of multi-colored edible markers when all I really want is the black. I keep running out of the black, and I'm accumulating piles of the other colors that I never use. I tried searching online, but finding it difficult to buy just black colored markers. Can anyone here provide any information or links.

Thanks in advance!

5 replies
CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 6

You know, I bought a set of the kopy kake markers and none of them worked straight from the package. I was so irritated. I asked advice on what to do, and people told me about taking out the part that writes (it pulls right out) and letting it soak in airbrush color. I've been doing that ever since and havent had to buy new ones. I use the black all the time, but when it dries out I just soak it in the airbrush color for a while and its good to go for a few more months. It takes at least 20 minutes of soaking it seems, but it works. icon_smile.gif Better than buying new sets for just one color. I dont know what brand you have or if you could do the same thing with your markers, but I just thought Id share what helped me.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 6

thats what i was going to suggest. Sometimes the back end of the marker can be pulled out and you can drip some AB colour into the wick inside.

KAMI_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KAMI_Cakes Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:13am
post #5 of 6

Great suggestions! Now does that use up a lot of the AB ink? If so, wouldn't it cost the same thing?

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 4:12am
post #6 of 6

Naw. Doesnt use up too much. Try it and see if it works for you! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%