Air Brush Won't Stop Flowing?

Baking By jlh Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 4:05am by jlh

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 4

Just got a new airbrush. I've used it twice, and just noticed the stopper won't close. So, the air flow is constant, even when I want it "paused". Any tips on what is wrong? Instruction page didn't offer any troubleshooting. KopyKakes brand.
Thanks.

3 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 4

Maybe your needle is set too far back in the gun. Adjust that and that should fix the issue.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:57am
post #3 of 4

if you have a single action airbrush then the air always flows out the tip and you only have to control the colour flow by pulling back on the lever. If you have a double action airbrush the air only comes out when you depress the lever and the colour flows when you pull back on it.

If you are having a little colour escape with out pulling the lever back then turn it off, take out the needle and clean it off, and out it back, it is not sitting right in the nozzle allowing colour to escape.

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:05am
post #4 of 4

Thank you. I may have to take it somewhere. It was a gift, and I've never seen one used before...let alone taken apart and cleaned. Thank you for the advice on troubleshooting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%