Cholcoate Covered Oreos

Baking By radtech Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 1:52am by goodiegoddess

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 8

How far in advance can I make chocolate covered oreos? I am making the oreos for my daughters wedding in early October and I would like to make them now (one less thing to do). I don't think it is an issue as long as the cookies are with in the expiration date. What does everyone think?

7 replies
blueman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueman Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 12:07am
post #2 of 8

I made 600 chocolate covered oreos for my son's wedding last October. I started about two weeks ahead of time. I understand about having one less thing to do. I had them packaged two to a box. The two were in a cellophane bag. Worked out well, and they were a big hit. Cleaning up at the end of the reception, there were none left. That was a good feeling knowing they were well received and I got a lot of compliments. I got a lot of enjoyment making them.
How many are you doing? I work full time, so in the evenings I'd make a about 4 dozen, then the next night, I'd bag and box them. Really once the cookie is covered in chocolate they will keep for a long time.
Have fun.

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 12:22am
post #3 of 8

I have also done chocolate covered oreos, I would go on and start soon, when I did mine I put them in the fridge in containers- single layers until I was ready to bag them and it worked well. Good Luck and Congratulations! princess.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 12:57am
post #4 of 8

Are you using the molds from Spinning Leaf? They have some that are perfect for weddings. They'll last at least 2 months.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:20am
post #5 of 8

Locally here in Texas they sell "Oreo Cremes" packaged by Nabisco. One layer of the cookie, one layer of the white filling, and dipped in fudge. REALLY yum- off the shelf. $2.50 a box for 36 (???).

Sorry for all those with molds- because these are really good.

I would consider just decorating those in wedding appropriate theme.

Sorry again, but I may never dip Oreos again...

andreamen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andreamen1 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:31am
post #6 of 8

What ever you do do not use the mint oreos they are to crumby I learned the hard way!!!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:32am
post #7 of 8

Mint fudge covered Oreos! You cannot improve upon perfection!

goodiegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodiegoddess Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:52am
post #8 of 8

I make them all the time and sell them to a cafe. They last 2+monthes no problem. I have eaten some I had left over from Christmas in March and they are still good.

Start now

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%