Figure Wont Stand Up!!!

Decorating By eve81 Updated 9 Sep 2010 , 12:04pm by eve81

eve81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve81 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:43am
post #1 of 4

My cousin asked me to make her dad a cake with a runner on it. I only do this as a hobby and I pretty much dislike that part of the family but its my mums family and she would be embarrassed if I refused so I said I'd give it a go......
**************screams************ icon_mad.gif
The crappy wee running man wont stand up!!!

I'm due to give her the cake today and Im going out of my mind!
Ok, confession time - it's a gumpaste figure but I only made it last night and its only 50% gumpaste, because honestly my heart was not in the making of this cake so I could have let the figure dry out more and that might have helped. I begrudged every second of putting this together, which seems unfair to the person it's for but I did try to get out of it and told them I was too busy the weekend they wanted it for so they've been on at me ever since to make it when I could icon_confused.gif (his birthday was 2 weeks ago!)

I know there's no saving the cake but I suppose I just needed to rant icon_eek.gif
Just emailed my cousin to let her know what's happening and waiting for her to get back to me.....

3 replies
eve81 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 11:01am
post #2 of 4

hmmmmmmmm......tried again. might have worked this time. not hold my breath though!

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 11:30am
post #3 of 4

stick a wooden skewer in him and down into the cake, or a few even for balance..

eve81 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannycakers

stick a wooden skewer in him and down into the cake, or a few even for balance..

Yeah thanks you're right, i realised that i hadnt quite enough support in it. I had a skewer through his whole body initially and the entire way down his front leg into the cake. I also had a skewer half way up his back leg going into the cake at an angle to support his body but it kept leaning. so I took him off then put a skewer the whole way up his back leg into his body and it seems to be holding. Only problem now is that his arm has started to crack because of all the handling. icon_cry.gif
I'll be glad to drop this cake off......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%