The Chocolate Recipe Used On Challenge This Past Week?

Sugar Work By TheCornerBakery Updated 11 Sep 2010 , 2:29am by gscout73

TheCornerBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCornerBakery Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 3:01am
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone by chance know the recipe for the innovative technique the gentleman used on the chocolate challenge on the Food Network this past week?

I believe his name was Chris from Las Vegas and he won with the lady on the bike.

His recipe for the chocolate for the women's dress and scarf was incredible.

Does anyone have any ideas how that is done? I was like fabric that didn't set like chocolate but flowed and was light?

Thanks for your help,
Michael

5 replies
scoobydid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobydid Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 3:26am
post #2 of 6

I saw parts of that episode. I recall he used gelatin in his mix but that is all I can remember. I'd love to know this recipe too!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 3:38am
post #3 of 6

I knew it had to be gelatin that kept the choc flexible. I watched the show from the beginning but mother nature called at that point. I was so disappointed I didn't get to see. But the reaction by the judges was great. I'm glad he won. But to me the flexible choc looked more like vinyl or plastic rather than fabric.

The lobster boat was a good idea and the details were actually well done. but the boat and the water were sloppy. The comment about the sea gulls looking like pterodactyls made me laugh. But I think they were supposed to be albatross which are larger than gulls.

Sandy

cakefanatic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefanatic Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 3:58am
post #4 of 6

Chris mentioned that it was something that he came up with. I can check if I still have it on my dvr, and if so I will get back to you.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 6

I have it on DVR - But I don't think he said exactly how he did it, I will check also.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 2:29am
post #6 of 6

ooooh. I sure hope you are able to come up with something.

Sandy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%