Florida Cake Stores/shops

Lounge By cakefairy03 Updated 2 Nov 2010 , 6:32pm by daltonam

cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 15

I will be driving down the east coast of florida, from Jacksonville to the Keys. I would like to visit some really great cake shops/stores because there is none where I live! I have 3 days to drive down and spend time shopping! I plan on stopping in Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, the Keys, and any other stops that are worth it on the way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

14 replies
Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 15

our "great" store in Jacksonville closed its doors this year, all we have left are hobby stores and restaurant supply stores

cakefairy03 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 15

I know, I'm from Jacksonville! I'm so sad, so I figured I must see some others while I get the chance! There's got to be other great stores along the way!

cakefairy03 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 15

After looking online, I saw American Cake Decorating Supplies, is this the same company that makes the magazine? Also, I saw a First Impressions Mold store, and I'm guessing this is the same company that sells their molds on globalsugarart.com?

Has anyone been to these shops?

I will be going to Cake Supplies Depot in Plantation too, I've heard they're pretty good!

Pastrydiva72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrydiva72 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 15

D & G Occasions in Orlando is where I hit up for all my cake supplies! icon_smile.gif

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 11:03pm
post #6 of 15

Another vote for D & G Occasions. That place is the bomb.

Pastrydiva72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrydiva72 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 6:45am
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echooo3

Another vote for D & G Occasions. That place is the bomb.

I always find the staff helpful as well! icon_smile.gif I was just there today shopping for some supplies I need for a baby shower I'm working on! icon_smile.gif

cakefairy03 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 1:09pm
post #8 of 15

Thanks everyone! I have been to D&G a couple of times, as my parents live in Orlando, so I go every time I visit them!
Any other suggestions for southern Florida?

cakefairy03 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 3:38pm
post #9 of 15

Yeah, that's not what I want to do either. Thanks for the heads up!

LadypinkertonB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadypinkertonB Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 7:16pm
post #10 of 15

Hello Everyone!!

I will be visiting Orlando in November and would like some advice on the best place for First Impressions molds particularly the tiny sleeping baby ( I'm visiting from the UK and they are not easily available over here!) Can't wait to visit we are on countdown! ;P

We do have a hire car! Thank you

Kxx

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 7:26pm
post #11 of 15

D&G Occassions in Orlando. The place is AWESOME!

LadypinkertonB Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 9:06pm
post #12 of 15

Thank you Echooo3

Looked it up on the web earlier 40 minutes away from our hotel - it's on my list!

Kxx

LadypinkertonB Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 6:28pm
post #13 of 15

Thank you Echooo3

I was checking out the website this afternoon and noticed their sign, thinking of putting an order in to be delivered from global sugar art as well, won't be packing much to bring with me!! What's the weather like over there in November??

Kxx

LadypinkertonB Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 7:30pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Quote:

sorry i haven't a clue what the UK uses--fahrenheit or celcius ) BUT Florida is cranky, weather can change

.......so it will feel like our summer! icon_lol.gif

We work in farenheit mostly - winters really setting in over here minus 5 last week!

Thank you Daltonam!

Kxx

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 6:32pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadypinkertonB

Quote:
Quote:

sorry i haven't a clue what the UK uses--fahrenheit or celcius ) BUT Florida is cranky, weather can change

.......so it will feel like our summer! icon_lol.gif

We work in farenheit mostly - winters really setting in over here minus 5 last week!

Thank you Daltonam!

Kxx

minus 5 Oh MY WOW!!!!!!! In January at the coldest we MIGHT drop into the teens. Enjoy your trip icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%