I Think I'm Going To Faint!...(Hyperventilating!)

Decorating By sweetlayers Updated 13 Sep 2010 , 6:12pm by sweetlayers

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 10

So excited about doing my first bridal show. However, I am suddenly terrified. I have read all the "bridal show" forum topics, but I don't remember anyone ever talking about the sheer amount of work that goes into it all.

In addition, I had a nightmare that I packed 400 t-shirts instead of 400 cake samples. Then after being yelled at by the sponsor, I tripped,fell and knocked over my display table and several of the other vendors around me. I was then dragged out of the show by security guards dressed in cupcake t-shirts and blue jeans. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

I woke up screaming and ever since then, I've been feeling like the cowardly lion on the wizard of oz...just shaking in my boots.

How can I overcome these feelings and kick butt at this event instead of getting my butt kicked!

9 replies
MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:46pm
post #2 of 10

I have no advice for you but loved reading this, I would have woke up screaming too. GOOD LUCK!!!

Try not to stress it, thats usually when things go wrong.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 10

LOL! The dream was probably nothing more than a warning to NOT wear jeans and a cupcake t-shirt. I've not done a bridal show, I'd probably be trippin' down the yellow brick road as well (I'd be the clumsy scarecrow).

I'd write a master plan and mark off everything as they were done and make notes on it (use a bright colored piece of paper/pad(I tend to misplace stuff). Get a tote/box and place items in it to take (pamphlets, business cards, table cloths, decorations, napkins, portfolio....)to make sure I didn't forget anything...AFTER they're placed in the box, check them off the list.

I'm excited for you! Good luck and have fun!

sweetlayers Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 10

[quote="sweetlayers"] I was then dragged out of the show by security guards dressed in cupcake t-shirts and blue jeans. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

I woke up screaming and ever since then, I've been feeling like the cowardly lion on the wizard of oz...just shaking in my boots. quote]

I forgot to mention that their jeans were stone-wash and they all had brown mullets. icon_confused.gif

cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 10

[quote="sweetlayers
I forgot to mention that their jeans were stone-wash and they all had brown mullets. icon_confused.gif[/quote]

No wonder you woke up screaming! icon_biggrin.gif That is some nightmare!

Maggie30701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maggie30701 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 3:08pm
post #6 of 10

My question is not why you had the nightmare...it is why wouldn't you. You have probably been thinking about this non stop since you knew of the event. Trust me...the anticipation is worse than the event itself. You will be fine. Trust in your skills. Time yourself accordingly and dont forget a check list. Good Blessings! thumbs_up.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 3:17pm
post #7 of 10

I see now...THEY were wearing the cc t-shirts and jeans...I misread...I thought you were wearing it.

tsk tsk tsk...this means something altogether different. If you're not careful to double and triple check your list, those cupcake clad security guards will be sporting cows on their shirts and wearing pleated front Dockers! (gosh! You don't want to be dragged out by a couple of beefcakes, do you????) CHECK YOUR LIST OFF IN ORDER!

You know I'm just messin', right?

sweetlayers Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 4:17pm
post #8 of 10

Ya'll are too funny!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 10

Wedding shows really aren't that interesting, I think you might be disappointed after that dream! icon_rolleyes.gif

The best thing that you can do at shows is introduce yourself to the other vendors and get some networking before the show and during slow times (if they have a fashion show and all the brides are up there, etc.) Depending on the size of the show brides get so overwhelmed they tend to not retain a whole lot, so as long as you're friendly and give them a brochure that's all you can worry about. Don't expect to book people the day of the show. Maybe have a sign-up sheet if they'd like you to contact them to make an appointment.

sweetlayers Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 6:12pm
post #10 of 10

Everything went VERY well with the bridal show. No mullets, no t-shirts, no stone wash jeans. Just cake and more cake. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%