Twilight Saga

Baking By Paige_Pittman86 Updated 9 Sep 2010 , 12:24pm by eatdessert1st

Paige_Pittman86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paige_Pittman86 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 5:36am
post #1 of 7

My daughter Kayte is turning 8 this Oct and has requested a twilight themed birthday party. She has watched all 3 movies that are out but has not read the book which shouldn't be a shock considering she is 7 but I had to throw that in so it will make since when I say I want to do her birthday party based on the movies and not the books. So I really don't want to put red apples and chess pieces every where. I am wondering if anybody has any creative ideas to throw at me. Also all the cakes I've seen are book based has anybody seen any that's more about the movie? I'm really at a loss on what all I should do. I figured If we are doing it twilight might as well get really into it but keep it at an 8 year olds level. By the way she is Team Jacob but like Edward also. Thanks for any ideas I'm excited and can't wait to start planning!!!!

6 replies
bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 5:46am
post #2 of 7

Have you looked under movies in the galary, I found a ton of pics when I was looking for mine, and not all were books. Alot of ideas..Bella's BD cake is amazing, the green three tier striped. The font is Zypher, if that helps. Also, you could do team Jacob or Edward...whatever she likes or doesn't haha. There is a cake with the grass meadow scene, Bella and Edward, thats cool...if you do figures (or even put your daughter in the scene icon_smile.gif What a fun cake...please post. My book was my daughters 18th, it was like my second ever cake. Twighliht always starts something!!
Blessings~

bmoser24 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 5:56am
post #3 of 7

Oh man, you got me thinking on this one! You could also write the famous lines on the cake. There is a book of them, one liners that is ..like "Hope you like disappointment"
"Kepping it real". I can't think of them right now, but there are alot. We had a party and used them. Yep, adult women ~ ok i'm done. icon_wink.gif ... for now!

Paige_Pittman86 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 5:33am
post #4 of 7

Thank you!! Sorry I didn't know I had any comments usually I'll get an email. And I thought about bellas cake cause it is so pretty! I saw on line some where they got a dog food bowl and wrote wolf food on it and put chips and stuff I though that would be too cute cause she is Team Jacob and all. I'm excited about this party cause it's her first sleep over so I really wanna go all out. She has been asking me how come they don't make a Victoria barbie or a Alice barbie like they did Bella Edward and Jacob which I had no Idea why, well I got to looking at Twilight toys on toyrus.com and I find out they do have an Alice and Victoria barbie coming out this month so I pre ordered them. She has no idea they even are coming out, so she will be very excited.

bmoser24 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 5:47am
post #5 of 7

Dolls? LOL, figures... sounds like your getting alot of great ideas. Cant' wait to see what you come up with! Oh, 8 yrs...might be getting the book soon huh, has she asked? My daughter read when she was 15!!!, and i had a fit- Then I read, and I was hooked. It's become "our" thing. Funny~

Paige_Pittman86 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 12:09pm
post #6 of 7

These are the actual barbies made by barbie pink labels but they do have the action figures that would prob be perfect for the cake. I never thought she would be so into twilight at her age but atleast Stephanie Myers kept it pretty clean. Every twilight party I google to get ideas for decoration and stuff is all the apples and books I really wanna think different. If I am going to have apples they are gonna be candy apples I figured that is more fun for 8 year olds and i saw it on a cake a while back and thought it looked really good..

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 12:24pm
post #7 of 7

Bella's b'day day would be a great idea! My DD almost decided on that one for her bday cake but changed her mind at the last minute icon_sad.gif
http://twilight-review.com/new-moon-bellas-birthday-cake/
Have fun!
Melanie Mc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%