Blue Grooms Cake

Decorating By mmontz Updated 7 Sep 2010 , 7:20pm by kseevers

mmontz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmontz Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 5

I am suppose to make a Auburn grooms cake and the groom requested that the cake part be navy blue. He wanted red velvet(but blue instead of red). I tried this but the cake had a green tint to it. He wants a different flavored cake instead of white because the brides cake will be the white cake. Any suggestions as to what type of cake I could add blue coloring to and it look blue. I tried in in the chocolate but it looked black.Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 5

I think white cake is the best one to use to color. You can always flavor it with different flavors so it doesn't taste like the wedding cake. The lorann flavors have a lot of different flavors you can add to white. I wonder if using the blue liquid cake dye would make your cake a darker blue than the gels or even use a powdered coloring to get that deep blue.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 5

Just a thought: what about a blueberry cake?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 5

what kind of coloring did you use? I use americolor gels and they color my red velvet recipe great.

kseevers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kseevers Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 7:20pm
post #5 of 5

Blue Velvet Cake!

I recently had a wedding cake where the bride wanted one tier to be blue. Each tier was a different flavor. I made that tier a blue velvet cake. It turned out with a great blue color and tasted good too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%