How Long Can You Freeze Cupcakes For?

Baking By wannabe_cake_maker Updated 12 Sep 2010 , 3:15am by Lita829

wannabe_cake_maker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wannabe_cake_maker Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:28pm
post #1 of 5

I had an order for cupcakes that I made last night and I have a ton of left overs. I was thinking of freezing them until Oct 10 for Thanksgiving.

Is this too long in the freezer?
What is the best way to wrap them? Just put them in saran wrap and then in a ziplock?

Any help would be great, thanks

4 replies
heroes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heroes Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 12:59pm
post #2 of 5

Hi there I need to know this question too, I think if you can freeze other cakes I dont see why you cant freeze cupcakes, but I would rather know from one of the experts on here though xx

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 1:08pm
post #3 of 5

I have frozen cupcakes for a month in my plastic tupperware container and they tasted just fine after they thawed out.

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 12 Sep 2010 , 2:52am
post #4 of 5

Freezing stops time, I have had cupcakes in my freezer for as long as 3 months and they were fine. I freeze in my cupcake holder, if I know that I won't need it. I also have a couple extra 12 cup muffin tins, they fit perfectly in a 2 gallon ziploc. Just cover the top with wax paper and slide in. I don't even defrost before icing, just remove from the freezer and ice them, they come out great.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 12 Sep 2010 , 3:15am
post #5 of 5

Great thread! I was wondering the same thing. I have never frozen a cuppie before but I'd like to start shipping cuppies. I've heard that freezing them makes them ship better.

I know that my comment was a little off topic....my bad icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%