How To Pack Gumpaste Flowers?

Decorating By sillywabbitz Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 2:01am by sillywabbitz

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 2:40am
post #1 of 6

I am delivering a cake on Friday. There are gumpaste roses between each tier. And a rose topper. I'm using styrofoam seperators and will be placing the roses into the sytro then the topper.

I plan on assembling on site. What is the best way to pack the gumpaste roses so they don't break. Roses are on toothpicks and they're all stuck in pieces of styrofoam standing straight up. Is this the best way to move them...is there anything I can tuck around them to help keep the petals from breaking off?

This is a first for me so any advice is greatly appreciated.

TIA

5 replies
JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 6

Toilet paper works great!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Erin3085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erin3085 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMI

Toilet paper works great!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Indeed it does! I had to make a bunch of gumpaste orchids once (not good ones, mind you. icon_wink.gif ) and kept them all in a tupperware loaded up with TP. Worked like a charm! icon_smile.gif

Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 6

I transport some stuck in styrofoam and some in a tupperware container lined in Large bubble wrap (bottom and sides). I've broken very few.

Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 8:56pm
post #5 of 6

I cut bubble wrap ;collars; to place around gumpaste flowers, stops the leaves and the petals crashing against each other. I also place them on foam before I transport

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:01am
post #6 of 6

Awesome everyone. Thanks for the tips. I will definately try them. I made extras but still worryicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%