Making White Chocolate Leaf

Decorating By ameliasam Updated 7 Sep 2010 , 12:11pm by Mexx

ameliasam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ameliasam Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 2:41am
post #1 of 7

I'm making white chocolate leaf for a wedding cake I will be making 500 but some are needing to be curved does anyone know how I would do that. My mother thinks I could put them in flower shaper and use a hair dryer to melt them a little then they would dryer curved icon_smile.gif If anyone know if this will work or has another idea please let me know thanks icon_smile.gif

6 replies
fba322 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fba322 Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 3:07am
post #2 of 7

I don't know how large the leaves need to be, but have used mint leaves to achieve this. I melted the white chocolate, used a brush and brushed the chocolate onto the leaves in a pretty thick layer. Lay the leaves to the side to dry, and once dried, simply peel the leaves away from the chocolate. The chocolate takes the shape of the leaves and even picks up the veining of the leaves. Hope this helps!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 3:16am
post #3 of 7

I would make white chocolate modeling clay. Then i would roll it out, cut the leaves with a leaf cutter(what ever leaf shape you need. Then i would place it in a leaf veiner(one sided or double sided). Then place on crumpled foil and let dry. This way, they will dry in different shapes and look very natural. I have done this many times. The chocolate clay will be more sturdier that the melted chocolate. They will be beautiful.

ameliasam Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 7

thanks for the comments I made three different kind of leafs two different look ones out of gumpaste and one out of chocolate and my cousin is wanting the one done in white chocolate I have a mold put they make them flat I need some of them to curved that were I'm have the problem icon_smile.gif It will not let me put a picture of the leafs on here so I put one in my photos if you want to see them thanks icon_redface.gif

Mexx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mexx Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 7:18pm
post #5 of 7

You can buy some flower shapers...mine are several different sizes in white plastic. They look like paper towel rolls cut in half vertically. You put your leaf either over the outside or on the inside depending on the shape you want. When they are dry/set simply remove.

You could also lay the leaves over glasses turned on their side, bowels etc Cardboard paper towel rolls or toilet rolls will work as well but you should cover them in wax paper first.

ameliasam Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 7

I have some flower shaper the problem is how would I curved them after they are dried, I mean how do curved chocolate after it dried. icon_confused.gif

Mexx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mexx Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 12:11pm
post #7 of 7

When the chocolate leaf is still soft you lay it on one of the flower formers. As it dries/sets it takes on the curve of whatever you've laid it on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%