How To Achieve Silver With An Airbrush Machine

Decorating By JawdroppingCakes Updated 6 Sep 2010 , 10:37pm by Laurascakefactory

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 12:05am
post #1 of 7

I have an upcoming quinceanera cake for Friday, the design is like one in the Cakecentral magazine but in aqua and silver. I have americolor silver sheen airbrush color and was wondering if it would come out silver once I aiirbrush on top of the aqua or if it would just get sparkly from the sheen? Would I need to order a metallic or what would you all suggest? Thanks for any help that comes my way!

6 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 12:17am
post #2 of 7

Hi, i do use airbrush . I do think it will be silver using the silver sheen airbrush color. Can you make a small peice of the aqua and let it set up for a little bit.Then try your silver sheen airbrush color on it. That is what i do , when i need to know something like this. hth

JawdroppingCakes Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 12:41am
post #3 of 7

Good point...thanks!

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 12:10pm
post #4 of 7

I use silver sheen airbrush all the time on top of other colors. For me, it creates more of a sparkle than a true silver color. You may have to put quite a bit on for it to look silver....HTH

JawdroppingCakes Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 7

That's what I was afraid of.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:17pm
post #6 of 7

silver sheen = light spakle sheen over existing color. It will not be pure silver color.

Laurascakefactory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laurascakefactory Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 10:37pm
post #7 of 7

I mix silver luster dust with either vodka or lemon extract see my airplain picture ... was PERFECT silver.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%