Cream Cheese Frosting

Decorating By JoneaG Updated 6 Sep 2010 , 3:23am by bates123

JoneaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoneaG Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 3:23am
post #1 of 9

Hello! I have yet ANOTHER question for you. What is the nestrecipe you have come across for cream cheese frosting. I am making carrot cake tomorrow for inlaws and I really want it to be good. I am sure some of u can understand about inlaws icon_wink.gif thanks in advance for yout help. Hope all of you are Gavin a great weekend!

8 replies
deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 4:01am
post #2 of 9

I have been searching and experimenting and finally found this one...

Ingredients
1 pound cream cheese, softened
4 cups sifted confectioners sugar
1 cup unsalted butter softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
Instructions
Mix cream cheese with butter until smooth. Add extracts. Slowly add sugar and blend until light and fluffy! Fill and Ice cake as desired. Pecans can be added to top of cake for decoration. Use a piping bag with a round #8 tip to create fluffy cupcake tops!

It is from PINK CAKE BOX, and I omitted the vanilla, did 1/2 tsp of the lemon and added 3 T of Dream whip. I also mixed the cream cheese/butter dream whip for 15 minutes. Added the extracts and sugar and did another 15 minutes. It was like silk.

It was amazing, kids were wrestling each other to lick the bowl!

It was on the soft side. It held its shape (I used a star tip on cupcakes) but if it is going to be exposed to heat, I would probably change out some of the butter for shortening.

JoneaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoneaG Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 4:34am
post #3 of 9

Thanks so much icon_smile.gif do you know if you can make cupcakes out of carrot cake? Might be a dumb question but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

deMuralist Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 4:38am
post #4 of 9

I seem to remember doing that years ago, I can't imagine a reason why you couldn't. I think cupcakes come out better with recipes that are on the moist side, and carrot cake definitely qualifies.

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 4:48am
post #5 of 9

Just made carrot cupcakes Friday with pretty much the same cream cheese frosting (I use more vanilla!). They were awesome! Might have to try the lemon juice addition for the frosting though. Could be interesting. . .

deMuralist Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 1:35pm
post #6 of 9

I used lemon extract, not juice. Juice might cause curdle? I had run out of vanilla, but would add it next time.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 9:58pm
post #7 of 9

This is the best recipe I have found and it doesn't require refrigeration. 1 cup butter
1/2 cup Crisco
16 oz. cream cheese
3 1/2 lbs powdered sugar
1 T vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

Mix on low speed for a couple of minutes.

If you use clear vanilla in both the color will be a perfect match for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-comicon_surprised.gifffice:smarttags" />Wilton's buttercream recipe. I use this to frost cheesecakes
when a couple wants part regular cake and part cheesecake for the tiers.

This makes a fairly stiff icing. For a softer one you can use 3 lbs. of powdered sugar.

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 2:53am
post #8 of 9

Yeah, you're probably right about the juice. Had a bit of a late night brain fart. Definitely want to look into using the lemon extract, though.

bates123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bates123 Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 3:23am
post #9 of 9

these recipes sound great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%