Cupcake Girls On Wetv

Lounge By CrumblesConfections Updated 13 Sep 2010 , 12:30am by luvmysmoother

CrumblesConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrumblesConfections Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 1:41am
post #1 of 32

Has anyone watched this show? If so, what are your thoughts? I'm watching an episode now where Lori is getting her pregnancy test results. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I expected this show to be more about cupcakes! Don't get me wrong, I like to see the business side of things but Heather seems a little shallow to me. For instance, in the episode prior, she was accompanying Lori to the fertility clinic and was concerned about her DVF (Diane vonFurstenberg) shoes. Now if I was in the midst of a financial crisis, I definitely wouldn't be putting any emphasis on my overpriced designer shoes! Just my opinion. It seems that they made lots of bad decisions. Luckily for them someone was able to help them get a plan together to increase their cash flow. The good thing is, seeing this it helps me learn from their mistakes on what NOT to do.

31 replies
susieqhomemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susieqhomemaker Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 2:02am
post #2 of 32

I haven't taken the time to watch an episode because the commercials alone turned me off. You have a good point about learning what NOT to do though. icon_smile.gif

kpry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpry Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 2:20am
post #3 of 32

I agree that I would have liked to see more about the acutal cupcake making. The whole toilet over flowing thing was a little gross.

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 2:38am
post #4 of 32

I haven't been able to get through an episode. I don't know why the word "cupcake" is in the title, its about everything except cupcakes. And I am also sick of the birth control commercials.

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 2:41am
post #5 of 32

Too much other stuff going on for me. I would rather see the decorating and customer reactions. I only watch it now if nothing else is on.

CrumblesConfections Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 2:55am
post #6 of 32

In the episode "Back Where we Started From" I was a little peeved that here they were shopping with all the financial stress they are going thru. I hate to see people shopping and then complaining about financial problems when the things they are purchasing are clearly not necessities. It seems that's a pattern with them because they'd stocked up on all those unnecessary supplies...again with the shopping. Sheesh! Grow up!

_christina_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_christina_ Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 11:10pm
post #7 of 32

Yep, the commercials have completely made me hate the show and I haven;t watched a single episode. Actually, I turn the commercials off now.

Just them saying they are the worst bakers and that if they had hired them they would have already fired themselves made me angry!

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 11:19pm
post #8 of 32

one word - AWFUL! I would rather have teeth pulled then watch that show!

golfwidow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfwidow Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 11:21pm
post #9 of 32

Thank God I'm not the only one who feels this way! thumbsdown.gif While I love any show that has to do with baking and cake decorating, this show has totally missed its mark. I've watched two episodes and NOTHING suggests cupcakes, baking, etc. This is a reality show with two women doing God knows what. By the way, Amazing Wedding Cakes is on tonight. Now this is a show I absolutely love and adore!

sheshe09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheshe09 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 11:39pm
post #10 of 32

I watched it only once and I just couldn't get with it. I love shows about baking/cakes but the producers and writers need to go back to the table and put some more ideas together. I'm just saying....................

partycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
partycupcake Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 11:48pm
post #11 of 32

This show seems like it is a combination of many reality shows and just happens to have "Cupcake Girls" in the name. The title of the show is awesome, but I'm still trying to figure it out. I've watched three episodes as I really want to give it a shot, but am finding it's not about baking at all. I also am puzzled by the latest episode with the "got junk" promotion???

Redsoxbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redsoxbaker Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 12:01am
post #12 of 32

Last time I commented on DC Cupcakes, some people took it personally so I decided not to say anything. But since you brought it up, icon_lol.gif I will give you my opinion! DC cupcakes looks phenomenal now compared to this! Haha. This has nothing to do with cupcakes. I hope no one feels upset by these comments. It's just an opinion!

Kaylani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaylani Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 2:06am
post #13 of 32

It is hard to get behind a show where there is such an obvious connection between what the owner sells & why they sell it.

They could be selling any widgit and it doesnt matter to them. Cupcakes are the same as T-Shirts or shoes. They don't bake them or have anything invested in the art of cake. icon_confused.gif

That makes it a non-cake show to me. IMHO icon_biggrin.gif

Kaylani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaylani Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 2:08am
post #14 of 32

oops! I meant DISconnection icon_smile.gif

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 2:20am
post #15 of 32

I kept waiting......and waitng......and waiting for there to be anything about baking or decorating cupcakes in this show. I will not waste my time again.

dinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinascakes Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 2:20am
post #16 of 32

I agree with all you girls!! These "CUPCAKE" girls don't know what they're doing, its just drama! I started watching it, but stopped because I was turned off by them! :-/

DH2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DH2008 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 2:39am
post #17 of 32

watched it for the 1st time today while I was making lunch and thought the same thing, why can she afford those shoes but cant pay her bills. PLEASE, dont get me started on that. And I saw a couple episodes of DC Cupcakes and STOPPED watching it cause its OBVIOUS they are acting, well fake to me or should I say BAD acting. Why cant they just keep it real. Drama WILL accure when it comes to business.

stacey71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacey71 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 3:20am
post #18 of 32

I really, REALLY wanted to like cupcake girls and dc cupcakes. However, dc cupcakes is just too fake and staged sounding for my liking. Also, Im tired of my husband asking me " are you watching that show that is NOT about cupcakes" every time I put on cupcake girls. Even he notices that the show is about everything BUT cupcakes.

PeteLoaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeteLoaf Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 6:50am
post #19 of 32

did this show get cancelled, anyone seen ultimate cakes?

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 12:04pm
post #20 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLoaf

did this show get cancelled, anyone seen ultimate cakes?

They just started playing last season's re-runs, so I think the new season is getting ready to start. Hope so - now that's a GOOD show!

CrumblesConfections Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 9:23pm
post #21 of 32

Seems to me that they just jumped on the "cake reality show" bandwagon because cakes are the "it" thing right now. Well, no one who is serious about cakes is going to take this show seriously. At least on DC Cupcakes, they show baking and business, even if it seems staged. I just couldn't deal with the fact that Cupcake Girls (the episodes I managed) is more outside the bakery than inside. It probably won't last too long, just long enough for them to get there name out there and generate the publicity they want. Now they can put WEtv on their resume. What a dishonor to serious bakers. thumbsdown.gif

PeteLoaf Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 10:23pm
post #22 of 32

could not agree more......

letterpusher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letterpusher Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 10:50pm
post #23 of 32

Agree with you all. With all the rage with cakes right now, the girls only seem to be in the business to make a quick buck. But the way their managing the business shows just what their really out to do.... $$$$$$$$$$$. It shows they don't have ANY interest in the actual cupcakes or their employees. Looks like the money they get for each episode would go to their debts. Some people don't know how lucky they are to get such a great chance at something. I give the show a big thumbs down. thumbsdown.gif

PeteLoaf Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 10:58pm
post #24 of 32

Cupcake girls.... DC cupcakes......good grief! you gotta wonder how they became so successful???? I wound give my ********* to have the opportunity to work in or even own a cake shop,heck i can't even buy a job in one .luck of the draw i guess.

Is TLC this desperate for cake shows? I like to watch OPRAH and cake shows just not at the same time....

katev17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katev17 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 4:05pm
post #25 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH2008

Why cant they just keep it real. Drama WILL accure when it comes to business.

I can't agree more! I have watched it a few times just to see what they are actually doing on the baking front, but it is consistently a disappointment. The show is so fake and may as well be scripted!

At our bakery, any time something ridiculous happens we always ask, "Where are the cameras?!". Drama naturally occurs in this type of work environment - no acting should be required!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:27pm
post #26 of 32

Ok, my curiosity got the best of me, I went to WEtv and watched a snip of an episode. NO way would I watch that--I cannot... CANNOT stand yelling and arguing like that. Another piece of crap in a long line of jump on the bandwagon of reality shows.

...that sound you hear is that show being flushed if it hasn't already been...

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:54pm
post #27 of 32

I wonder if that show is still on the air. I watched it and was curious, because I've not heard of their stores before. I see they are based in British Columbia for starters. Then I looked at the production dates, and they were done in 2009. SO they're kind of old, so I wonder if they got canned, and the show is just now being exported to the US (WETV trying to cash in on the popularity of DC Cupcakes.... )

What? Yes, that was a gagging sound you just heard from me.

Karen421 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 11:09pm
post #28 of 32

Unfortunately they just advertised 2 new episodes this for this week. Oh joy thumbsdown.gif

Karen421 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 11:10pm
post #29 of 32

icon_cry.gif Unfortunately they just advertised 2 new episodes for this weekend. Oh joy thumbsdown.gif

PeteLoaf Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 11:20pm
post #30 of 32

First i HAVE to say i love the avtar kansaslaura ,and i agree with you 100%

Being from British Columbia , Near the cup cake girls "crime seen" i must appologize for the poor representation of talent and good taste. I hope everyones eyesight returns to normal soon thumbsdown.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%