How Can I Level My Oven Racks???...

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 10:45am by Mikel79

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 12:32am
post #1 of 6

Hi Cakers !!! icon_biggrin.gif

So, I have this huge cake problem!! My oven racks are not level. We have tried countless times adjusting the legs of the oven, but still not level. So we took the racks out and placed them on a level surface and found that both racks are off!

Called the Mfg., they cant help me!!! I am hoping someone reading this has had this problem and can provide a solution...

I posted this in a thread, but I think it got lost in the long list of replies about the OP.

Thanks,

Michael
icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Mikel79 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 10:47am
post #2 of 6

icon_sad.gif

Am I the only one out here that is dealing with this?

Any suggestions.

I tried buying washers from Home Depot. However, my racks have about 1 inch of space in between the steel lines that the pans or whatever you cook sit on. The washers just fall through.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 11:15am
post #3 of 6

If you are unable to level the racks, using the oven leg levelers, while the racks are inside, with a level on the racks, my guess is that the problem is not that your racks aren't level, it's that they're warped. Ask your manufacturer if you can buy new racks from them.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 11:29am
post #4 of 6

Check around your area to find an used appliance place and see if they have any racks you can buy for your make of stove. A lot of times the used places take in many different appliances and then if they aren't repairable to sell they may have parts laying around. It would be less expensive than purchasing new ones. If all else fails check the internet.
evelyn

Mikel79 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks folks!

Mikel79 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 10:45am
post #6 of 6

Problem resolved!!!

24.99 for a new rack. 8.99 for shipping.

Why did I not think of this 5 cakes ago?????

Thanks folks!!

Michael

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%