Heavenly Pumpkin Spice Cake

Baking By cherrycakes Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 1:38am by cutthecake

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 7

I would like to try this recipe for Heavenly Pumpkin Spice Cake and to me it basically looks like a WASC with pumpkin and spices added. I'm wondering if I could eliminate the oil (calls for 1/2 cup) as the WASC recipe that I use doesn't have any oil in it. Has anyone tried this?

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6818/heavenly-pumpkin-spice-cake

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 7

The recipe as written is highly rated, so no I wouldn't change anything...

Here's another highly rated pumpkin WASC cake recipe which doesn't contain oil:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/14882/pumpkin-spice-wasc
(You could just substitute the 1 tsp vanilla and 2 tsp cinnamon for this cake's flavorings.)

HTH

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 7

I have a very yummy pumpkin pecan cake that is made with a chocolate cake mix but can be made with a different cake mix if desired it is very flexible and has no oil and only a few ingredients if you would like it PM me. icon_smile.gif

KathyB101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyB101 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 1:43am
post #4 of 7

Hello, This is my favorite time of year - I get the baking bug. I love the way baking makes my kitchen and home smell. It brings back many memories, of my Mother and Grandmother baking in the kitchen. They are with me when I am baking...I have an easy and quick recipe.. Pumpkin Spice Cake.. 1 Box Spice Cake Mix...In a large bowl mix cake mix with 3 Eggs, add canned pumpkin - plain with no spices, use pumpkin for water and oil measurement. Add 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, add 1 tsp cinnamon mix well. Batter will be very thick.. Bake in standard bake pan according to time on the box. I check mine after 20 mins. because of my oven. When cool I frost with Vanilla Cream Cheese Icing. Enjoy... Kathy

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 3:51am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for all of your suggestions! I went with the recipe almost as written except I subbed 1/2 cup of applesauce for some of the oil (left 1/4 cup in). It turned out a bit heavier than I like cake to be ( it's more of a loaf texture) but it is very tasty!

Kathy I'll have to try yours sometime and a pm is on the way luvbuttercream!

KathyB101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyB101 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 11:59pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycakes

Thanks for all of your suggestions! I went with the recipe almost as written except I subbed 1/2 cup of applesauce for some of the oil (left 1/4 cup in). It turned out a bit heavier than I like cake to be ( it's more of a loaf texture) but it is very tasty!

Kathy I'll have to try yours sometime and a pm is on the way luvbuttercream!

Cherrycakes you have a pm.

Kathy icon_smile.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 1:38am
post #7 of 7

Where are you buying canned pumpkin? There is none to be found around here because of Libby's problems harvesting the crop last year. I haven't read anything about this year's harvest yet.
No stores around here have any!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%