Baby Shower Fondant Cake

Decorating By deb-i-e Updated 3 Sep 2010 , 7:45am by cr8zchpr

deb-i-e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deb-i-e Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I am going to make a cake for a baby shower. I am making the gumpaste figures first. I want to make a carrot cake and a white or chocolate cake. What type of filing can go in a fondant cake? Do I have to only use buttercream thin coat under fondant? icon_sad.gif

2 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 7:29am
post #2 of 3

I make a whipped cream mousse for 99 percent of all my cakes. The cake does require refrigeration before and after serving. I have left cake out for up to five hours with no problems using this filling. It is so good. I generally use one small box of instant vanilla pudding and one pint whipping cream. Whip until peaks form. I like to use white chocolate, cheesecake, chocolate fudge and banana cream puddings. I frost cakes as I normally would and then cover with fondant. I don't use a thin coat because most people don't like fondant. You can also frost your cake in ganache and then cover with fondant. This gives a nice sharp edge to your fondant cakes.

cr8zchpr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cr8zchpr Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 7:45am
post #3 of 3

I've used all types of filling, all the fillings I use in non fondant cakes, it shouldn't make a difference as long as you dam your filling you should be ok. I use whole fruits, fruit purees, creams, curds, jams, all types never had a problem...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%