Pastry Pride

Decorating By vkat Updated 3 Sep 2010 , 7:12am by sweettreat101

vkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vkat Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 8

I AM DOING A CAKE FOR A FRIEND. I NEED TO SET IT UP OUTSIDE AT A RESTAURANT. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY IT COULD BE HOT 90-100.

HOW WELL DOES PASTRY PRIDE HOLD UP IN THE HEAT?

7 replies
feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 8

http://www.sweetcelebrations.us/files/tips_for_warm_weather_cakes.pdf.

I found this online and hopefully it helps out

I myself have used pasty pride in the heat and its held up pretty well. only thing is we were indoors with no a/c. HTH

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 2:40am
post #3 of 8

I prefer Frostin Pride. Same product but holds shape better and you can use to fill and or cover cake. But don't use to cove if putting fondant over it. Whips up faster too. You can get vanila or chocolate.

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 2:47am
post #4 of 8

Is Pastry Pride a regional thing? Or do you have to buy it online? I've never seen it in my area.

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 3:32am
post #5 of 8

i buy mine at smart and final

SBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SBaker Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 3:37am
post #6 of 8

Pastry Pride does not sour or sag, however, it does get a crust on it. It cannot be in the sun. Heat should not effect it too much unless it is in the heat for a long time. I would have it well refrigerated and set it up at the latest time possible. Doesn't Livermore cool down quite a bit later in the day?

vkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vkat Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 6:22am
post #7 of 8

THANK YOU. FOR THE MOST PART, LIVERMORE DOES COOL DOWN IN THE EVENING. THIS IS A GROOMS CAKE FOR THE REHEARSAL DINNER AND IT WILL BE IN THE EVENING. HOPEFULLY WE WON'T BE HAVING A HEAT WAVEicon_smile.gif

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 7:12am
post #8 of 8

Use Frostin Pride instead of Pastry Pride. You can buy it at Smart and Final. It takes colors better than Pastry Pride. It will be fine as long as you don't have the cake in direct sun light.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%